Page 1 of 4
Every time you switch on a lightbulb, YOU'RE KILLING THE FUCKING PLANET.

OVER 9000 Hectares of Rainforest are cleared EVERY SECOND just so you can WIPE THE SHIT OFF YOUR FAT ASS.

Children in Africa (nevermind which country, THE WHOLE CONTINENT) have no food, no clean water, no electricity, no education, AIDS, and a life expectancy of 35 if they're lucky. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT, YOU CONSUMERIST WHORE.

Am I the only one who gets this impression from all the "charity" organisations that are out there? Aparently, the situation is improving, but you'd never guess.

I can't even turn on an electrical appliance without feeling guilty. And if I don't finish a meal, I always think "Children in Africa don't have food", and I don't even know what to do with it. I'm not gonna send them my table scraps.

Recently, some woman came to our school to encourage us to send gift boxes to under-priviledged children in eastern Europe. In her "encouraging" speech, she actually angrily ranted about how we all spend more money on entertainment every week than those poor children do for food in a month.

I don't know if "paranoid" is the right word, but does anyone else feel that all this has really gotten to their head a bit too much?
Quote by CoreysMonster
if they don't like it, they can move off of my planet.

This.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by CoreysMonster
if they don't like it, they can move off of my planet.

It's my planet.
I baggsied it 25 years ago.
its not our fault we use what we have, just because we have somethign tey dont doesnt mean we shouldnt use it
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
I'm gonna die long before this planet does.

I couldn't give a fuck.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
Oh you poor boy...

Ranting about how much charities are pestering your overprivigied ass? How about: grow up.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I send them the bill whenever I go out to eat, if they spend as much on food in a month as I do on entertainment, they can afford it easily.
Isn't there already a PETA thread?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I don't feel guilty for geographic luck... That's why they're stuck in the situation that they're in and that's why I have what I have... I mean I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I'm not going to ignore it either.

If you don't like it; then you can giiiiiiit out.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
whatever dude, the same happens when you turn on your computer.

EDIT: fine i read it all. and no i don't feel guilty to be lucky to be in a family that has the money to entertain me during the week.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Last edited by magnum1117 at Jan 29, 2009,
Some of you don't seem to realise your wealth comes at the expense of poor nations.

That's why you should feel something.
Why is it a crime to enjoy life nowadays? I'm pretty welll-off in life and I'm not allowed to enjoy that because there are people who aren't well-off? Ha. No, I don't think so.
Anybody who truly believes that turning off a lightbulb really makes a difference in those matters is a DUMBASS!!! Jesus J.F.K. Christ... for every lightbulb you turn off, I'm gonna turn on three.

EDIT:

Oh, that reminds me,

I just got this awesome 160w lighbulb in my workroom. It's a dream, and it eats up electricity like popcorn. Like, everytime I turn it on, I can almost sense those Eastern European children starving, or whatever they do all day.
Last edited by Mad Marius at Jan 29, 2009,
So I'm supposed to live in darkness, not wipe my ass, and not eat?

I am all for environmental protection, but I am not going to quit using lights when I need them. I usually eat everything on my plate and I am not one to care about humanity in a global perspective so I don't feel too bad if I do throw a piece of food away.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Some of you don't seem to realise your wealth comes at the expense of poor nations.

That's why you should feel something.

because alot of the poor nations have dictatorships and are war-ridden, yet everyone always complains when someone steps in to help them.
To put this bluntly....I don't care. I'm having enough trouble living my own life to be worried about somebody millions of miles away that I don't even know. Yes, it is sad, and yes, I'm glad there are people out there who help. But, I personally couldn't care less.
Quote by Perfection 101
If we all had this guy's clarity of thought, world peace would ensue

Quote by Zugunruhe
incidentally, there are absolutely no results for "bizzare anal kazoo" on google.

Quote by CoreysMonster
because alot of the poor nations have dictatorships and are war-ridden, yet everyone always complains when someone steps in to help them.
Some, others are paid unfairly low amounts for their produce and labour by Western countries.

We also sell them weapons to fuel their wars, and in the past given them enormous loans with enormous interest rates that crippled them financially. Some of those Dictatorships were even set up by Western countries (Iraq anyone).

We're also really lovely and give them "conditional" aid that they have to spend on goods and services from our countries.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Some, others are paid unfairly low amounts for their produce and labour by Western countries.

We also sell them weapons to fuel their wars, and in the past given them enormous loans with enormous interest rates that crippled them financially. Some of those Dictatorships were even set up by Western countries (Iraq anyone).

We're also really lovely and give them "conditional" aid that they have to spend on goods and services from our countries.

hm, that's true, didn't think about that.

anyway, I think before I start worrying about other countries I would still worry about myself and my country first, because honestly I'm scared of the East taking away all the jobs of the West.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Stop saying we.

*I* have done none of those things. People of the same nationality have. I don't care. I help out with charities. I was out on the night after the Tsunami taking in donations and helped raised £5000 within a short time with a few people to help them. So it's not like I'm living in ignorance. But I am not going to lose sleep over something I can't help. What could I do? A 17 year old struggling through college? I have my own life to live, not theirs.
Quote by boreamor
Stop saying we.

*I* have done none of those things. People of the same nationality have. I don't care. I help out with charities. I was out on the night after the Tsunami taking in donations and helped raised £5000 within a short time with a few people to help them. So it's not like I'm living in ignorance. But I am not going to lose sleep over something I can't help. What could I do? A 17 year old struggling through college? I have my own life to live, not theirs.
And that's the attitude that will perpetrate poverty forever.

Well done. I blame you and everyone with your mindset.
Quote by sashki

Children in Africa (nevermind which country, THE WHOLE CONTINENT) have no food, no clean water, no electricity, no education, AIDS, and a life expectancy of 35 if they're lucky. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT, YOU CONSUMERIST WHORE.

That one can't be my fault.
What's the difference either I wipe my ass with TP or a leaf.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by freedoms_stain
And that's the attitude that will perpetrate poverty forever.

Well done. I blame you and everyone with your mindset.

So Mr. High Horse.

What have you personally done that doesn't stop you from being a westerner huh?

If you want to help them, go a day in their shoes.

No electricity. No food. No financial support. Diseased. Dirty. Uneducated. Dying.

THEN tell me *I'M* the asshole. But the thing is, you won't do that. Because you're too ****ing comfortable as you are now.

YOU single handedly are not trying to solve poverty. You'll help whenever it's convenient for you. So shut the **** up.
Quote by boreamor
So Mr. High Horse.

No electricity. No food. No financial support. Diseased. Dirty. Uneducated. Dying.

THEN tell me *I'M* the asshole. But the thing is, you won't do that. Because you're too ****ing comfortable as you are now.

YOU single handedly are not trying to solve poverty. You'll help whenever it's convenient for you. So shut the **** up.

seriously, even the people who are blaming the westerners for everything are just as comfortable sitting in their apartment in the west.
Yea, there are starving children. How about we send them our fat kids, and they can eat them?
Quote by Mad Marius

Oh, that reminds me,

I just got this awesome 160w lighbulb in my workroom. It's a dream, and it eats up electricity like popcorn. Like, everytime I turn it on, I can almost sense those Eastern European children starving, or whatever they do all day.

Awesome, I have to get one of those.

Quote by 0RI0N
What's the difference either I wipe my ass with TP or a leaf.

TP will break up in the drain, the leaf might not, and block it.
Quote by boreamor
So Mr. High Horse.

Westerner...? I thought this was about poverty.

Quote by boreamor

How is that helping them...?

Quote by boreamor
THEN tell me *I'M* the asshole.

You're the asshole.

Quote by boreamor

It's a groupeffort, moron.
Quote by sashki
Every time you switch on a lightbulb, YOU'RE KILLING THE FUCKING PLANET.

OVER 9000 Hectares of Rainforest are cleared EVERY SECOND just so you can WIPE THE SHIT OFF YOUR FAT ASS.

Am I the only one who gets this impression from all the "charity" organisations that are out there? Aparently, the situation is improving, but you'd never guess.

I can't even turn on an electrical appliance without feeling guilty. And if I don't finish a meal, I always think "Children in Africa don't have food", and I don't even know what to do with it. I'm not gonna send them my table scraps.

Recently, some woman came to our school to encourage us to send gift boxes to under-priviledged children in eastern Europe. In her "encouraging" speech, she actually angrily ranted about how we all spend more money on entertainment every week than those poor children do for food in a month.

I don't know if "paranoid" is the right word, but does anyone else feel that all this has really gotten to their head a bit too much?

i hate bono
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
i hate bono

Yea. Did you see the way he was killing all those African children with his voodoo finger snapping?
What a prick.
Quote by Kensai
Westerner...? I thought this was about poverty.

How is that helping them...?

You're the asshole.

It's a groupeffort, moron.

To quote GI Joe: Knowing is half the battle.

I personally think you're one of the most arrogant UGers, but then again, it's completely subjective. If I'm an asshole for not caring about anyones life but my own, so are you all.
Quote by boreamor
To quote GI Joe: Knowing is half the battle.

I personally think you're one of the most arrogant UGers, but then again, it's completely subjective. If I'm an asshole for not caring about anyones life but my own, so are you all.

That makes as much sense as the rest of your incomprehensible drivel.
At the end of the day, it's largely government/ leadership/ dictatorship problem's that cause all these issue's, dont get me wrong, i would happily give money to charity, if i knew it was going straight to them, and not in some managers pocket. But the scale of poverty is just to big to sort out with out world leaders actaully saying, hang on a minute, why dont we give them a helping hand and actaully make an effort, that doesnt involve us making a profit/ gaining territory/ puppet state and/ or gaining larges amounts of export.

The world leaders could sort this out with in a decade, easily, but it will never happen, becuase the leading countries need cheap labour/ items/ imports to remain the leading countries, so we can all give money away, but at the end of the day it'll take hundreds of years to get poverty stricken countries anyway near a fit state, and that is ofcourse, if the leader of the country makes an active effort and does not profit from all the charity money.

And to jumped up idiots who say "you westerners are the problem, it's your faul that kids are starving in africa".. No, no it is not, it is they're goverments fault, the worlds goverments fault for doing nothing, except gave a false report to media about helping out, when in fact they are profiting and making it worse.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Page 1 of 4