i'm getting a metal band together
http://www.bebo.com/PaganAngelMusic

as you can see from the page we have no drummer.
one of the guitarists believe that drummer is utterley essential in a band
i respectfully disagree, do you think it's possible to have a good band without a drummer?

and what's your view on extreme metal (CoF style) for a genre, we're still debating that \M/
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

98% of teenagers have had or have been around alcohol, sig this if you like begals
just get a drum machine and you're done
Others accuse me of being evil when I'm just thinking differently
Drummers are pretty much what complete a band to be honest, drum machines wont cut it
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Drums are absolutely necessary, whether you get a person or a drum machine, you need one. Im not sure what CoF stands for, but just write music you think sounds good without worrying about the genre.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
well Pig Destroyer don't use a bass either and they ROCK

and on the subject of drum machines are there any good free ones?

any comments on genre?
read any of the blogs? they're lyrics (written by me), feel free to comment
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

98% of teenagers have had or have been around alcohol, sig this if you like begals
Quote by Demoniac_UK
well Pig Destroyer don't use a bass either and they ROCK

and on the subject of drum machines are there any good free ones?

any comments on genre?
read any of the blogs? they're lyrics (written by me), feel free to comment

They use a baritone guitar to compensate though.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Echo and the Bunnymen made do with a drum machine right up until after they were signed and began to record their first album.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
well then, are there any good free drum machines?
and CoF is Cradle Of Filth
\m/
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

As the other guitarist i says we need a drummer, however there is a shortage of drummers round here and like nobody likes metal or drums so we may be kinda screwed
BTW more akin to CoB than CoF
how do you mean more akin to CoB than Cof??
also, hi
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

Drums are completely essential in a metal band

You dont have to set a genre, just write music and see what comes out
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I mean, everybody has already said it, but I'm just going to say it again....

You think you can have a metal band with no drums? Thats like trying to have a funk band with no bass.

The only genre in which drums aren't necessary that I can think of is like... folk music.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
very well then.
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

Quote by trey-col89
I mean, everybody has already said it, but I'm just going to say it again....

You think you can have a metal band with no drums? Thats like trying to have a funk band with no bass.

The only genre in which drums aren't necessary that I can think of is like... folk music.

exactly what i was thinking when i posted before in this thread
I say give it a shot. Use the bass to hold time. Or, hell, have the guitarists hold time and let the bass do lead. Don't settle for the norm.

I'm not saying it will work, just that it would be interesting to try it.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.