Ok, so, it's about time I get a new amp, cause the one I've got is just not cutting it for me. I play mostly metal (Trivium to Iron Maiden to Metallica to Pantera), though I'd rather not completely sacrifice versatility, as I still do play some softer stuff (Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Radiohead, etc).

So, basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm looking for an amp that can do the br00talz, but not just the br00talz. My budge is $500, $600 max. I'm well aware that Peavey is coming out with the 6505+ 112, but I'm A. Slightly wary of reliability due to it being 1/2 the price of the 212 combo and B. Not really in the mood to wait till potentially August. Yeah, I've heard anywhere from April to August. And Sam Ash customer support sucks, so, yeah, I'm still waiting to hear from them >.>
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
a triple x combo or head is a pretty versatile amp
the jsx is as well.... but it gets a little pricy, plus it is almost the same as a triple x
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
The XXX is a little pricey, even on ebay. $600 is the absolute most I can really dish out.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
you can find one with a tad of patience. i got my 120w head for 400 us
now im trying to sell it though lol
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
You could try one of the Traynor amp combos as long as you got a distortion pedal.You might be able to get on Ebay under $600.They are pretty versitle.
Quote by Holy-Diver
you can find one with a tad of patience. i got my 120w head for 400 us
now im trying to sell it though lol

True, but I'm not exactly a huge Ebay/Craigslist person tbh haha
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Quote by WtrPlyr
Sell it to TS

Too bad it isn't a combo =(
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Quote by solitaryshell90

Oh wow, that's a pretty good deal. I've never tried a Peavey XXX though, so since the auction lasts till Sunday I'll try to go Saturday to try out the head version at a music store, but I doubt I'll be able to.

Still looking for suggestions ^.^
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Anyone else? I'm going to Guitar Center tomorrow and I'm hoping that someone could give me some suggestions. How about B-52s? I've heard they're good but unreliable.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
As always, I recommend a used Peavey XXX 112 combo, but you may or may not be able to find one locally that easy, just have to keep an eye out I guess.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
The only reason you're paying half the price of a 212 for a 112 of because you have one less speaker, dude. How did you miss that?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']The only reason you're paying half the price of a 212 for a 112 of because you have one less speaker, dude. How did you miss that?

One speaker and the little bit of wood and wiring needed to accommodate that one extra speaker shouldn't cause an almost $700 price difference. The street price for the combo is less then half the price of the 212. Peavey is always reliable, but still, I'm wary.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Mesa Mark III, Bugera 333/333XL/6260/6262, B-52 AT-112, Mesa DC-5, Peavey VK112 with speaker change/retube/OD Pedal, Peavey XXX, Krank Rev. JR.