So I was playing my new MIM strat last night, and turned the 2nd tone knob. It completely fell off. When i put it on again it wont stay? Is this a problem? Because I can still just turn the little metal thing fine. Do i really need that little piece of plastic over it?
Quote by NtaPtikab
So I was playing my new MIM strat last night, and turned the 2nd tone knob. It completely fell off. When i put it on again it wont stay? Is this a problem? Because I can still just turn the little metal thing fine. Do i really need that little piece of plastic over it?

Of course, it looks better and is handy for on the fly adjustments.

But, when you say, fell off, do you mean you yanked it too hard and it came off, or it actually fell off because of gravity? If the latter, take it back to the shop and say it's faulty, if the first... Take it back to the shop and say it's faulty?

My knobs are both fastened with a tiny allen screw, but they're metal, of the dome-variety.
No you don't need the plastic knob. If it doesn't bother you don't worry about it. If you want to replace it...they're really cheap.
Quote by Y00p
Of course, it looks better and is handy for on the fly adjustments.

But, when you say, fell off, do you mean you yanked it too hard and it came off, or it actually fell off because of gravity? If the latter, take it back to the shop and say it's faulty, if the first... Take it back to the shop and say it's faulty?

My knobs are both fastened with a tiny allen screw, but they're metal, of the dome-variety.

I bought it on craiglist. And honestly, it felt better than almost all at my gc. And no, i was just turning it when it popped off. It actually looks kinda cool with it off.
not needed but it'll probly look better with it on
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Look at the top of the pot.

Grab a flathead screwdriver and gradually widen the gap between the two pieces on the tip of the pot.

Don't be too aggressive.

Put the knob back on.

If it's still loose, widen it more.

Repeat until it's a good fit again.

Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by willieturnip
Look at the top of the pot.

Grab a flathead screwdriver and gradually widen the gap between the two pieces on the tip of the pot.

Don't be too aggressive.

Put the knob back on.

If it's still loose, widen it more.

Repeat until it's a good fit again.

Im still lost. Explain a little better?
Quote by Mitchell?
Just go out and buy a new knob, the same thing happened to my J bass.

How much do they cost? and do i NEED one? because im fine without it. I dont care.
Quote by Mitchell?
Just go out and buy a new knob

Can I sig that?

On topic: You only need a new knob as much as you want one. If you're not fussed about adjustability, all you ought ot worry about is looks. You don't need one, so don't worry.