hello, this is a quick question

my metronome goes down to 40 bpm, not to 25. i have seen in the stickies that to improve the technique, the best way is to play ultraslow. so, it isn't that bad to play at 40 bpm, is it?

btw, i shouldn't divide the beat, should i? i mean, play two, three or four times in one beat, cuase that would be 80, 120, and 160 BPM, right???

to end this, sorrry if this was spammin. i thought it was not.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
40 is pretty good....when I was working on sweeping I started at around 80 doing 8th notes.....that was pretty slow in my opinion
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
I usually start at 60 BPM but I just play one note per 4 clicks so its play-2-3-4-play Just have to keep the rhythm. (It does get kinda boring.. Those clicks at 60 BPM feel like minutes...)

But I guess 40 BPM is pretty good.. As long as you can relax while playing at that speed.

EDIT But I suggest you play like at 50 BPM and play-second click-play
Last edited by Unrelaxed at Jan 29, 2009,
thanks, people, that is all i needed.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Well, actually, it is more difficult to focus on posture, picking hand technique, and fretting hand technique at that speed. It feels really slow, but it isn't slow enough. I would suggest going at 40-50bpm at eigth notes.