Is there any way to combat this?

Does it mean the string is old, does it mean something needs adjusting somewhere. What to do, what to do.
string might be old and getting stretched - you should also check your tuners and ensure that they're hand-tight
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
dude, just wear boxers like everyone else !! g strings are for hookers
HxC never dies...

Originally posted by Unlord :
"Typical Slipknot fanboy.
Get molested, knobclown."

Member #20 of the Make Chavs History Campaign
Quote by Slayer94
dude, just wear boxers like everyone else !! g strings are for hookers

ha! - that's pretty funny
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
It could be the strings or it could be a problem with your set up. My E string used to go out of tune way to easily. It was because some of the screws around my bridge were to low, and it was causing the string to hit something that was knocking it out of tune. Kind of hard to explain, but either make sure that everything is in place, or go get somebody to look at it for you.

Hope everything works out for you.
if its age, then theoretically the other strings should also detune naturally, no? this isnt happening, so i can only assume the problem is isolated for that one string.

so...if this is the case, what exactly do i need to be checking/looking out for at either end of the string?
Could it be that when you strung your guitar you didn't get the g string put on just right?
no. because otherwise i wouldnt have a recurring problem every time i restring or even just retune it. im not an idiot.
yes i do, its been a little while since i restrung but they arent old strings. the problem is its just the one string, why wouldnt any others be affected if it was something like that? i figure it could be something wrong with the way that one string is attached? seems the most likely to me.
I'm gonna guess that either

A: your string isn't fully seated at the ball end of the string or
B: the G string is binding at the nut because you use larger than factory issued strings