Hey guys,

I'm a beginner guitarist looking to make the steps to an intermediate level and intend on buying some new pickups for my squire fat telecaster before kissing it goodbye .

I'll probably purchase a DiMarzio Fast Track T for the bridge but have a question about the Neck. I intend to grab a DiMarzio Twang King:-

(http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/DimarzioDP172.html)

The question is will it work with my squire fat tele (which is designed for a larger humbucker instead of a singlecoil at the neck)? Is there any way I can get it to fit snugly or will I have to bodge a piece of wood in the hole and fit the Twang King on top of it?

I'm hoping someone follows my question.
why put the best pickups ive ever heard ina guitar brand thats subzero on a scale of 1 to 10

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
why put the best pickups ive ever heard ina guitar brand thats subzero on a scale of 1 to 10

I'd like to try it before purchasing a "proper" fender. I'd like to see how much difference great pickups in a crap guitar makes. I'd be interested to know how different the same pickups in a squire tele sound to a fender tele.

Do pickups account for most, if not all of the sound?
Quote by BigBaconAndEggs
I'd like to try it before purchasing a "proper" fender. I'd like to see how much difference great pickups in a crap guitar makes. I'd be interested to know how different the same pickups in a squire tele sound to a fender tele.

Do pickups account for most, if not all of the sound?

Some, but the amp matters more.
Yeah, you cna mount it in a humbucker slot.

Just mount it centerally.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!