SO i've just sold my ME-50 (thank god) and got £100 for it which was a nice surprise, but now i've got the problem of what to spend it on. I'm more than happy with my amp and guitar, so it's going to go towards a pedal or two.

My current pedalboard is as such Dunlop JH-1 Wah>Boss NS-2>MI Audio Crunch Box. This all goes into a Peavey Bandit 112 or an Laney TF-700 half-stack.

I was thinking of the MXR Carbon Copy as it seems like a great addition, but i don't know if i'd use it as much as it costs. My band plays ska/reggae/punk, think Rancid meets Sublime, so something that could help out there would be nice, but i'm totally open for suggestions.
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Quote by michal23
Check out some chorus pedals. Subtle chorus on the clean channel = teh sex.

Check out the EXH Small Clone for a chorus pedal. You can get them for around $60USD used...or $90 new.
I've just had a look at the EHX Small Clone, it looks quite good, any opinions?

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD

Great pedal for the cash. Kurt Cobain used it a lot. Built strong and you can get quite a range of sounds out of it.
Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD

Not exactly a subtle chorus. A Boss CE-5 or a Carl Martin Chorus would probably be more in line with what you're going for. Then again, I wouldn't have expected a Crunch Box as being the right distorted sound for the style you described.
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
Quote by FlyingBeerman
Not exactly a subtle chorus. A Boss CE-5 or a Carl Martin Chorus would probably be more in line with what you're going for. Then again, I wouldn't have expected a Crunch Box as being the right distorted sound for the style you described.

Neither did i, but i bought it and tried it, and it can nail the Rancid/Pennywise distorted sound like no other pedall i've heard. I'll look into the Carl Martin and the Boss.

Quote by Beakwithteeth

Quote by FlyingBeerman

The EXH can be subtle, you just have to dial it down. Anyway...different strokes I guess The Carl Martin pedal is good too. I've never been a fan of Boss pedals...some of them are OK...but you can usually do better for the price. Best thing to do...go to Youtube and listen to sound clips of pedals you're interested in. Narrow it down, then go to a shop and try them out before you buy them. Buy what you like...which might not be what we recommend.
have you tried any tube amps? i haven't tried either of those specific models, so don't want to say categorically that they suck (as they may not- indeed i hear that the bandit certainly is pretty nice for a solid state), but it'd be worth trying some mid-priced tube amps to see what you think, because as a general rule tube generally sounds nicer than solid state (certainly cheaper solid state amps which are built to a price), especially if you're gigging or playing loudly in a band. if you're willing to sell those two solid state amps and add the £100 you have, you could probably get a pretty nice tube amp... laney vc30, peavey classic 30, fender hotrod deluxe (if cleans are the most important thing you need, which they might be if you play a lot of ska) etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
have you tried any tube amps? i haven't tried either of those specific models, so don't want to say categorically that they suck (as they may not- indeed i hear that the bandit certainly is pretty nice for a solid state), but it'd be worth trying some mid-priced tube amps to see what you think, because as a general rule tube generally sounds nicer than solid state (certainly cheaper solid state amps which are built to a price), especially if you're gigging or playing loudly in a band. if you're willing to sell those two solid state amps and add the £100 you have, you could probably get a pretty nice tube amp... laney vc30, peavey classic 30, fender hotrod deluxe (if cleans are the most important thing you need, which they might be if you play a lot of ska) etc.

dam you beat me to it

listen to him he's right, pedals are great and all, but out of all your gear you want the amp to be the nicest thing, if you want the nicest tone.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm happy with my amp and tone for the moment, i just wanted something that might add a little bit extra to my sound, if i wasn't happy with the amps i would have sold them both long ago.

Quote by Beakwithteeth