I'm painting my old Kramer Focus 4000 again. I know pretty much what I'm doing as I've done it before but am not happy with my last paint job results. I know what I did wrong and am ready to fix it. I want to paint it a pearl white. It's currently a metallic blue and I think I should take it down to the wood and start completely over. I am having trouble finding pearl white in a spray can. I'm impartial to nitro, poly, acrylic etc. All have their pros and cons. I just dont have a sprayer or compressor so I am going to go with a can.

The only thing that I have found is a "Krylon Make It Pearl Spray Paint". It says "Topcoat an existing color, or use on its own". I didnt know if anyone could suggest a product for me or how to use the Krylon as either a standalone or on top of a white?
Last edited by cavtrooper at Jan 29, 2009,
You shouldn't need to take it down to the wood. Just give it a light sanding and use 1-2 coats of white primer, then put your top coat over that and you should be fine. If you look in the gear customizing forum there should be several threads regarding painting.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by Twisted1

I found that site too but $37.95 a can? Ouch!!! I figured someone here has painted a guitar pearl white and would have a suggestion.

Quote by GOLDIE93
You shouldn't need to take it down to the wood. Just give it a light sanding and use 1-2 coats of white primer, then put your top coat over that and you should be fine. If you look in the gear customizing forum there should be several threads regarding painting.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look in there. I'm new here and still trying to find my way around.
Pearls can be hard to lay down properly. Cadillac has white diamond and it's a beautiful
pearl white but it's a three stage paint,
Check your local body shop or Cadillac dealer and see if they are doing any cadillac pain repair with gm paint code 98U - WHITE DIAMOND EXTERIOR COLOR. many times the manager / painter or owners aare intrigued about projects like these and will help you out!
Goodluck and post pics when done whatever way you go!! I know, its not a car but this is a great way to get one heck of a paint job for a reasonable price!!
Quote by showey
Pearls can be hard to lay down properly. Cadillac has white diamond and it's a beautiful
pearl white but it's a three stage paint,
Check your local body shop or Cadillac dealer and see if they are doing any cadillac pain repair with gm paint code 98U - WHITE DIAMOND EXTERIOR COLOR. many times the manager / painter or owners aare intrigued about projects like these and will help you out!
Goodluck and post pics when done whatever way you go!! I know, its not a car but this is a great way to get one heck of a paint job for a reasonable price!!

Awesome! Will definately check that out. There's about 10+ shops within 5 miles of me. I will for sure have before and after picks as well!