Is it stupid to shove your pick in between your guitar boyd and the pick guard? Seems like it would raise the pickup a little since the pickup in the neck is screwed to the pickguard (strat style)

Maybe stupid question, i just like the convenience, and noticed it was raising the pickup
There's these things called frets, above them are strings. Place your pick between those two objects. Voila.

amirite?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Well I do it on my bass, and it doesn't raise the pickup. I use the bottom horn part though, so it's not really close to the pickup. Try putting your picks down there.

Oh, and you fellas that are saying it should go in your strings, that doesn't work when you're playing live and need somewhere to stash picks (and you don't have a mic stand, and you're not retarded enough to actually put one of those plastic pick holders on your guitar). The pickguard is a great place for pick storage on stage.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jan 29, 2009,
Not a stupid question, it just looks stupid when you have a pick under your pickguard. Unless of course you have a 12 inch mohawk and wear Chuck Taylors and a Biker jacket.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
I think he's talking about WHILE he's playing, as in placing extra picks between the body and pick guard.

It's fine. Many guitarists do it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
sure, but you just need a screw driver.

a) raise the pick guard so you can fit it without flexing the plastic,
b) lower the pickup with the screwdriver.
i just get some double sided tape and put some on the side of the headstock, or i just stick them in the truss rod cover on my other guitar.
just place the tip of the pick under and it should work look at any tomi iommi video because he always has that on his sg
Pickguards are for P*****s and plus why do that when you can hold it in the strings

EDIT: If you are talking about WHILE you're playing than why not just use a screwdriver and raise them normally without having to shim them?
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Last edited by job153 at Jan 29, 2009,
doublesided tape "under" the guitar
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Loved getting flamed -

Yea it was meant while playing at the bar-

Thx fellas - I was just throwing it out there to see if you guys do it as well -