So I was thinking about converting my two 1x10's into one 2X10 for the ease of portability and what not. I had pretty much got my mind made up on getting the materials to just make a new cabinet and then pulling out my speakers and putting them in the new cabinet and selling the empty ones I had left over... Then a crazy idea hit me...

What if I took the two 1X10s that I have a cut one side off of each one, on opposing sides of course so they would fit together, then reassemble it as a 2X10 and use the excess wood that would come from the sides I cut off as bracing for the seams. I thought about this way because the wood they are made of seems to be sturdier then any ply that I could get here and I wouldn't have to go back and route the edges to round them over cause they would be pre-rounded, which would make it easier on me since I don't have a router. I could reuse the old corners bumpers. Of course I would have to recover it but that's no big deal. And I could also swap in 12's cause the cabs have more then enough room for them...

Or I could just make a 2x12 box and sell my speaker cabs, speakers and all left hole and stock, and buy two Warehouse Guitar Speakers V30 clones and just get a 2X12...

These are just options and I'm not set on anything yet, but I was wanting to get y'alls opinions on which would be easier and what would sound better...
Just make a normal 212.
Quote by Invader Jim
A post with that many big words just HAS to be right.

Wii FC: 8115 1176 4951 3028
Last edited by shadow phoenix at Jan 29, 2009,