this is a bass that my dad has, and i have no idea what kind it is
it has a p-bass body, but an epiphone neck
anyone know what bass this is?

im not sure, but i would just say its a p-bass that someone put a epiphone neck on
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
i think its an old OLP. who knows...
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
frankenbass?
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
abomination? a bass is a bass. looks fine to me. probably an epi. the fender p-bass is the most copied instrument in music except for the strat and maybe the LP.
Googling "Epiphone P Bass" got me the answer in seconds.
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Epiphone/Accu-Bass/10/1

EDIT: In fact, here is our very own Anarkee's Accu-Bass http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/anarkee/pictures/gear/25505/ as found on google.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Last edited by dancesisidance at Jan 29, 2009,
It's an early-mid 90's Epiphone Accu-bass Jr.

It's a slightly older model than the one I bought off my ex, who promptly bought it back after we broke up, a new model than Anarkee's, though, I believe.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Jan 29, 2009,
it's an epiphone accu-bass, there are 1 or 2 on this forum, i know anarkee has one and would be willing to help you out with any info
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Yes that is an AccuBass--a bridge through late model.

I have the earlier string through model when the Gibson name was still on the bass as well.

If you can get the serial numbers off of the headstock I could probably get you more info, but if you have any questions, let me know.
Quote by anarkee
Yes that is an AccuBass--a bridge through late model.

I have the earlier string through model when the Gibson name was still on the bass as well.

If you can get the serial numbers off of the headstock I could probably get you more info, but if you have any questions, let me know.

I can help out as, well. Resident Accu-bass gurus, right here: Anarkee and I.

But, yeah, if you go to the Guitar Dater Project, you can actually check the serial number to find out what factory is was made in and the year and month it was made.

IIRC: the juniors had the maple/alder laminate body, maple neck with the rosewood board, fairly nice tuners, very generic, cheap bridge, dead sounding pickup, crappy pots and jack. The body is shaped just differently enough to not allow p-bass pickgaurds to fit. You slap a new bridge and pickup in that and get the frets leveled and crowned, you can get a pretty nice bass for what it is. I never bothered with a hardcore setup on the Jr. I had and my ex got it back before I could do anything major with it.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.