Has annybody out there been tapping with both hands simontaneously? I thought about it but lack the finger strenght to pull it off.

Something like this:

T=Tap

Left Hand
Right Hand

---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------4h6T7------8hp9-----------
------------------3h5T6-------------------------------------
----1h3T4--------5h7T8----4h6T7-----------------------
-------3h5T6------------------------------------------------

feedback is greatly apprecciated.
Last edited by stickman070791 at Jan 29, 2009,
It has been done, but it's not popularised.

The only way to get a real smooth sound is to use overdrive, but doing so you can't play the harmonies or they will clash because of the OD.

You can try what Michael Angelo Batio does, 2 necks, to accomplish this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutyA12z3Ok

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Stanly jordan uses this a fair bit, i think there's a lesson about it on his site somewhere.

Edit: ^^ Stanly jordan doesn't use overdrive when tapping (if he does then very rarely)
Last edited by griffRG7321 at Jan 29, 2009,
im confused to how you would even play that? it seems like you would just be hammering on with both hands.
Quote by Guitar x Dude 7
im confused to how you would even play that? it seems like you would just be hammering on with both hands.

yes a string damperner or a hair bobble will probably be needed to restrict string noise though
Last edited by griffRG7321 at Jan 29, 2009,
Quote by griffRG7321
Stanly jordan uses this a fair bit, i think there's a lesson about it on his site somewhere.

Edit: ^^ Stanly jordan doesn't use overdrive when tapping (if he does then very rarely)

True, but he has his entire rig dedicated to that. You need lower action, more responsive humbuckers, and possibly compressors.

You also need to learn legato with ur other hand, cause if 1 hand plays less good then the other, then the effect is lost, and will result in poor tone.

All that for just a harmonisation seems a bit overdone

Recording the part twice (one being the harmonisation) results in far better accuracy and tone, as well as more possibilities like harmonized sweeps and string skips as well as the option to choose between a legato sound and a Picked sound.

Unless TS finds showboating more appealing then musical possibilities, then go ahead. Maybe you can join a circus with it or something

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 29, 2009,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
True, but he has his entire rig dedicated to that. You need lower action, more responsive humbuckers, and possibly compressors.

You also need to learn legato with ur other hand, cause if 1 hand plays less good then the other, then the effect is lost, and will result in poor tone.

All that for just a harmonisation seems a bit overdone

Recording the part twice (one being the harmonisation) results in far better accuracy and tone, as well as more possibilities like harmonized sweeps and string skips as well as the option to choose between a legato sound and a Picked sound.

Unless TS finds showboating more appealing then musical possibilities, then go ahead. Maybe you can join a circus with it or something

And chris broderick does touch style playing on his standard rig which he uses for Megadeth and Jag Panzer.

Accuracy and Tone? I'd have to disagree with the number of amazing touchstyle playing I've seen. Harmonized string skips are still possible, and sweeps may be too (left handed legato sweeps aren't too hard, I haven't really worked my right hand up to sweeps yet). Also, in regards to legato versus picked sounds, while not exactly the same, there's a range of sounds you can make with touchstyle playing too, ranging from more legato to more staccato

Did you even consider the musical possibilities of 8 finger tapping in and out of touchstyle when you said this? It's much more versitile of a technique than sweeping imo.
Quote by TheShred201
And chris broderick does touch style playing on his standard rig which he uses for Megadeth and Jag Panzer.

Accuracy and Tone? I'd have to disagree with the number of amazing touchstyle playing I've seen. Harmonized string skips are still possible, and sweeps may be too (left handed legato sweeps aren't too hard, I haven't really worked my right hand up to sweeps yet). Also, in regards to legato versus picked sounds, while not exactly the same, there's a range of sounds you can make with touchstyle playing too, ranging from more legato to more staccato

Did you even consider the musical possibilities of 8 finger tapping in and out of touchstyle when you said this? It's much more versitile of a technique than sweeping imo.

All of which can be done with normal playing and overdubbing.

I agree it has a few possibilities, but TS just wants to harmonise a line. Which I think learning an entire new playing style for, which is ultimately unnecessary, cause a simple overdub can do that + more possibilities regarding harmonising a line.

I'm not dissing touchstyle; hell I even wrote something myself based on that concept; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LovV3Y7ZNKw&feature=channel_page

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 30, 2009,