Okay, so i recently got an Marshall MG30DFX (please no comments on how bad you think the amp is, I think it's got nice tone and it's a decent amp, I'll bet most or all of the people who think MG's are bad don't even own one) and I'm pretty good with all the knobs, imput, and channel selector. What i do want to know is A.) what does the FDD actually DO to the tone? B.) What does the "CD in" imput do? And C.) what does the "Emulated Line Out & Headphones" do? again, no comments on how "bad" you think the amp is, i know what most ppl think already. =-]
Last edited by Luigiman124 at Jan 29, 2009,
i can answer C! umm... its so you can plug in headphones or hook your amp to your computer for recording...
yeah, but what kind of cables would I need (shoud'a said that in my question) 'cause normal headphones don't fit in the headphones port, its too big, do i need special headphones, or an adapter, etc. . .
Quote by Luigiman124
Okay, so i recently got an Marshall MG30DFX (please no comments on how bad you think the amp is, I think it's got nice tone

Edit:
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
a) frequency dampening deal didn't do anything for me. It is supposed to make it sound liek a tube amp.

b) plug a cd player or whatever into it

c) just a head phone jack/line out nothing more

good luck

to contribute..
this
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Jan 29, 2009,
Since you're so great with judging tone, you tell US what the FDD switch does.

1. searchbar
2. most people who bitch about MG's don't own one cause they got rid of them AFTER owning them. We try to prevent history from repeating itself, perceive it as flaming if you want.
Quote by _Sanitarium_

1. searchbar
2. most people who bitch about MG's don't own one cause they got rid of them AFTER owning them. We try to prevent history from repeating itself, perceive it as flaming if you want.

This.
Quote by Luigiman124
I'll bet most or all of the people who think MG's are bad don't even own one

WHY MIGHT THAT BE, I WONDER?

also, this:

Quote by _Sanitarium_

1. searchbar

anyway, more seriously

Quote by Luigiman124
Okay, so i recently got an Marshall MG30DFX (please no comments on how bad you think the amp is, I think it's got nice tone and it's a decent amp, I'll bet most or all of the people who think MG's are bad don't even own one) and I'm pretty good with all the knobs, imput, and channel selector. What i do want to know is A.) what does the FDD actually DO to the tone? B.) What does the "CD in" imput do? And C.) what does the "Emulated Line Out & Headphones" do? again, no comments on how "bad" you think the amp is, i know what most ppl think already. =-]

A] makes it sound less crap. it doesn't make it sound like a tube amp, but does help a little.

B] lets you connect a CD player

C] lets you connect headphones, and record direct, i guess.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A hint, stay away from most things saying MG DFX or DSP.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."