Do they have a guide for guitar prices? I want to sell my old Johnson Strat to one, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it. I only paid about 100 bucks for the guitar/amp combo back in '98, so i'm pretty sure no one would want to buy it on craigs list or anything. I'm kinda curious to see what they would pay for it.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
A pawn shop might screw you, you could probably get more on craigslist.

My pawnshop is really cool though. It depends on the people I guess.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
well, the one ive bought most from looks at ebay to see how much it sells for there. thats how much they will expect to sell it for, so theyl give u significantly less than that so that they make some profit
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
they dont give a sh*t about brands or stuff(at least in my area). you could get the same for your american strat than for your johnson, and that's like 50 dollars. in your case, i would sell it to some noob looking for his first electric.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jan 29, 2009,
It's pretty beat up. I've never had a hardshell case for it, only a gig bag, and whenever I'd travel with it a new dent/ scrape would be added. Do you guys think painting it will increase the pawn shop's sale value?
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
if you got with a fender 50th annyversary conmemorative strat, a gibson les paul custom and a bc rich platinum warlock, you might get more for the warlock unless the guys on the pawn shop know some sh*t (but they dont). if your guitar looks shiny and has a cool looking paintjob, you could sell it for more, but take in count that they sell guitars for 100USD, so you will still get less than 80 dollars,
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
yeah i dunno i wouldnt really trust the pawn shop in my area.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
It wasn't an expensive guitar to start out with, so I'm pretty much just trying to get rid of it. I'd consider getting 50 bucks out of it a good deal. I think I may try one of the painting techniques from gear customization forum to try to get a bit more from it.