The Bronco bass has a crappy Strat pickup in it. I'm guessing it would be easiest to repalce it with a guitar pickup with good bass response.

Would a Tele pickup fit it? I have a Xaviere Tele I may be switching out the neck pickup from. If not what would?
ok, let me get this straight. You have a BASS and you are planning to put a GUITAR pickup in it. That isn't going to work for many reasons. Also, the Bronco is one of the LOWEST quality squier basses ever. Don't put that much effort into it.

Also, putting a guitar pickup in a bass will sound terrible due to the fact that the magnets won't line up with the strings. Think about it. there are SIX tinny magnets in a tele pup. You need FOUR medium sized magnets for those strings.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
Gee thanks. I don't even know how to fit a proper bass pickup in it. Do I just need a new pickguard?
get a quater pounder single coil for the 50's p-bass and telecaster bass and make it fit.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
The Bronco bass has a crappy Strat pickup in it. I'm guessing it would be easiest to repalce it with a guitar pickup with good bass response.

Would a Tele pickup fit it? I have a Xaviere Tele I may be switching out the neck pickup from. If not what would?

Wait... what?
Quote by Spaz91
Wait... what?

the Squier Bronco bass, they use a telecaster pickup with a solid cover on in. They did the same thing with the musicmaster basses in the 60's and 70's.
You know...there's not much of a difference between a guitar pickup and a bass pickup. The pole pieces are, obviously, but they'll still pick it up. The ones on my fiver don't line up at all and it still sounds fine. Give it a try before you buy another pickup.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
You know...there's not much of a difference between a guitar pickup and a bass pickup. The pole pieces are, obviously, but they'll still pick it up. The ones on my fiver don't line up at all and it still sounds fine. Give it a try before you buy another pickup.

actually, bass pickups are usually built and wound to specifications for better low frequency response.