Just wondering if anyone knew anymore about the bridge on my Fender US standard Strat.

http://i44.tinypic.com/25jumok.jpg

When I bought it, the sales person said that basically, it was a new type of bridge, it doesn't give as much treble as the normal one, but this helps the strings stay in tune for longer. Anyway, I love the sound, but I can't really find any other guitars, like on Fender's website, that has this bridge. So just any more info on it would be cool.
Fender US Standard Strat '07
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
looks like a regular fender bridge to me. but fender isnt really my forte.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
looks like the regular trem on most US strats. only difference between that and the mexican/vintage bridge is its mounted on two screws on the outside rather than six all across it for smoother trem action and easier return to the "zero point" and it has heavier saddles and bridge block (what the strings go through before popping out of the top) giving it more mass so it holds sustain longer and i dont think it cuts trebble it just gives a slightly more powerful resonance for more sustain which might make it sound a little more beefey but its from better bass response not killing the trebble.
The bridge on the american standard changed in 2008 and went back to bent steel saddles but still with the two point pivot.

That would make it a 2007 american standard or before.
Last edited by no. 380059 at Jan 29, 2009,
That picture above looks pretty much the same as mine. Except on the head, mine does say "Original Contour Body", but despite that, you reckon mines an American Deluxe, or a Standard?

PS It is an '07-'08 model.
Fender US Standard Strat '07
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
Last edited by kineas at Jan 29, 2009,
It's just the normal bridge on an American Strat. Nothing too special about it and it not a Floyd Rose, but it works well enough.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by no. 380059
The bridge on the american standard changed in 2008 and went back to bent steel saddles but still with the two point pivot.

That would make it a 2007 american standard or before.

Yeh this dude is right. That is the previous Fender bridge. They 2008 models now have the vintage saddles.

My strat has your type of bridge too.
They've used the bridge since 1986. It's just your standard two point fulcrum tremelo. There's nothing super special about, it's just normal.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
The sales guy was probably just talking about the saddles. They went to those big blocky kind for a few years, then went back to the bent steel ones in '08 like XtAsY2007 said. I've heard they were supposed to sound a little smoother, more compressed and add a little sustain. They went back to the traditional bent saddles because some people thought they sounded more like strat should.
Quote by Stickymongoose
The sales guy was probably just talking about the saddles. They went to those big blocky kind for a few years, then went back to the bent steel ones in '08 like XtAsY2007 said. I've heard they were supposed to sound a little smoother, more compressed and add a little sustain. They went back to the traditional bent saddles because some people thought they sounded more like strat should.

The bigger saddles actually give it a little more sustain, nothing major, though. I personally prefer the bigger, beefier saddles. There isn't a big difference in tone, though. The two-point bridge has less friction and recovers better than the 6 screw bridge and the MIA's post '86 actually have bigger, better trem blocks. I like the newer MIA bridges. News to me that they went back to stamped steel saddles.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.