I'm saving up for a Marshall JMP-1 preamp but for a power amp I'm still kind of questioning what to get: I want a power amp and use KT-88s on them, thinking of a Mesa 100 watt per channel power amp. What would be a nice power amp with good bass and mids.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
If you can afford one, VHT make some pretty nice power amps. If not, look into used ENGLs and Carvins but I don't know whether you can put KT-88s into one. Why do you specifically want those tubes anyway? (I'm guessing it's because you want to run them loud and clean, am I right?)
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
pretty much, I've tried my friends Marshall that had some (I think it was a JTM or something but it was pretty loud) they had KT-88's, then again I should ask if the Kt-66's sound like the 88's
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011