I'm doing a slideshow on Christianity and violence and I'm wondering if The Spanish Inquisition would come into that, and if so, examples. I don't have to read through the whole wikipedia article, I sorta need this in a nutshell.

Inb4 Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition
Wait, you're doing a slideshow on this and you can't be bothered to read the whole wikipedia article? How lazy are you?
Quote by KwikKopy
Wait, you're doing a slideshow on this and you can't be bothered to read the whole wikipedia article? How lazy are you?

No, I'm doing a slideshow on Christianity and violence, not the Spanish Inqusition by itself. The reason I'm asking is because it'll take too long to understand it all. Basically I just need to know if there's connection between the SI and the Church.
just read the ****ing wiki article, the pit is not here to do your homework for you.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Well, there was this guy named Joseph Stalin, who was the prime minister of Taiwan. He was Jewish, and he hated the Christians. During the year 1968-2005, he went on to persecute those of the Christian faith by various means, such as making them do his laundry, washing his car, and throwing bean bags at them.
Point one, and this is absolutely crucial, the Spainish Inquisition was nowhere near as bad as it's been made out to be. Do the rest yourself.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Scitzo Frenic
No, I'm doing a slideshow on Christianity and violence, not the Spanish Inqusition by itself. The reason I'm asking is because it'll take too long to understand it all. Basically I just need to know if there's connection between the SI and the Church.

the catholic church ran the spanish inquisition.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Nobody would expect the Spanish Inquisition

in your slideshow

see what I did there?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Well, there was this guy named Joseph Stalin, who was the prime minister of Taiwan. He was Jewish, and he hated the Christians. During the year 1968-2005, he went on to persecute those of the Christian faith by various means, such as making them do his laundry, washing his car, and throwing bean bags at them.

this man speaks the truth, everything he says is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
The SI was one of many church attempts to purge itself of heretics. The Spanish one was considered to be the most violent. It also spread from potential heretics to newly converted jews and muslims, who were accused of pretending to be faithful. ( they probably were, since they had to or be killed by their spanish conquerers.)
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.

Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.

...With regards to guitar building, so get your mind out of the gutter you!
Quote by Steve9145
The SI was one of many church attempts to purge itself of heretics. The Spanish one was considered to be the most violent. It also spread from potential heretics to newly converted jews and muslims, who were accused of pretending to be faithful. ( they probably were, since they had to or be killed by their spanish conquerers.)

Even better, cheers
Thanks Scitzo.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.

Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.

...With regards to guitar building, so get your mind out of the gutter you!
Do it, because

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by Karvid
Nobody would expect the Spanish Inquisition

in your slideshow

see what I did there?

iseewatudidther
Sorry, I don't know how the meme goes.

edit: There is a very annoying Boy Scout skit that has the stupid "Noone expects the Spanish Inquision!" Har har har. You must do it in a creative way, guiz.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Jan 29, 2009,
Actually Billy Mays ran the Spanish Inquisition from his basement. All that means is that he emailed the Spanish government (ran by Al Gore of course) and asked them a whole lot of stupid questions. This was looked upon by some as a type of harassment (hence the allegations of torture and what not) The Spanish government finally tired of the questioning starting punching babbies and burning seagull urine (that's the white stuff in the middle of their poop) Give this to your teacher and I guarantee you will get an A++
Nobody expec...GODDAMNIT.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uprjmoSMJ-o << 9 minutes and 10 seconds of education for you.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Trefellin
Wow, I didn't expect this at all.

Well, surprise is their chief weapon.

Just show these two videos instead of doing a slideshow. If you don't get a good grade, your teacher is a cocksucker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKxnaMeOK20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gldlyTjXk9A
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Quote by Pencil Man
iseewatudidther
Sorry, I don't know how the meme goes.

edit: There is a very annoying Boy Scout skit that has the stupid "Noone expects the Spanish Inquision!" Har har har. You must do it in a creative way, guiz.

What are you talking about? I'm quoting Monty Python............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Of course there was a connection between the two.

Although its worth noting that Rome was actually a moderating influence on the Inquisition, or tried to be. To an extent.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
wait--- didn't monty python do a sketch with the spanish inqui---

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!

*burns at stake*
Amongst their weaponry are such diverse elements as Surprise, Fear, Ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms...

Or tell them that oneofthecrossbeam'sgoneoutofskewonthetreddle
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Last edited by iforgot539 at Jan 30, 2009,