I have been playing for a little over a year. i have had a S101 SG this and my classical acoustic. I am looking into buying a new guitar in the coming months, probably the end of the semester. Basically i will be covering every Coheed song, some rise against, breaking benjamin, zep, pink floyd, ect. I am looking for a new guitar. I use my Macbook with Amplitube 2 for an amp and just put it through speakers, i don't know how this compares to a high end amp but it works well for me.

I have been looking at Explorers (really like exploreres) and Les Pauls in the lower 1000 range, also i've been looking at PRS and Minarik low ends. I'm not a big fan of the looks of most Ibanez except for Icemans. so if you could give me some suggestions that would be great thanks.
Well, the truest sound would be to use an Explorer, EDS-1275 (Claudio) or a Les Paul (Travis) through a Vox AC30.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Jan 29, 2009,
A Gibson Explorer would be fine. You probably would want a different guitar for Floyd, but an Explorer can pull off all those tones you want, as long as Amplitube can. Altho having a Minarik Flame, w/e the guitar that has flame tails is, would be amaazing.

EDIT: You mean Travis? And recently, hes been using an Uberschall with a Fulltone OCD. O man, what a tone that would be, especially for hi-gain stuff with his EMG-equipped axes.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Jan 29, 2009,
Quote by qotsa1998
A Gibson Explorer would be fine. You probably would want a different guitar for Floyd, but an Explorer can pull off all those tones you want, as long as Amplitube can. Altho having a Minarik Flame, w/e the guitar that has flame tails is, would be amaazing.

Minarik Medusa.

breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by KobiGirreven
I have been playing for a little over a year. i have had a S101 SG this and my classical acoustic. I am looking into buying a new guitar in the coming months, probably the end of the semester. Basically i will be covering every Coheed song, some rise against, breaking benjamin, zep, pink floyd, ect. I am looking for a new guitar. I use my Macbook with Amplitube 2 for an amp and just put it through speakers, i don't know how this compares to a high end amp but it works well for me.

I have been looking at Explorers (really like exploreres) and Les Pauls in the lower 1000 range, also i've been looking at PRS and Minarik low ends. I'm not a big fan of the looks of most Ibanez except for Icemans. so if you could give me some suggestions that would be great thanks.

Get an Explorer if you like them. I have one and I love it. Get a Gibson though! Epiphones will break on you. Explorers are a little big, though, and slightly on the heavy side. Also, due to their shape, you have to get a really big Explorer case, and their shape just generally makes things inconvenient sometimes...like they're hard to set against walls and on stands...and you gotta watch out for the back end of it. I've swung mine into all kinds of things. This is all pretty trivial, though. They're killer guitars and I would recommend one for sure. Some people say they're overpriced, but I paid $500 for mine so eh...

Les Pauls are great, too. Heavy though. Can't comment too much on them because I don't own one, but come on...it's a Les Paul. Can't go wrong getting an LP if you like rock music.

I would like to say one thing, though. If you're looking to get Coheed and Cambria's SOUND...the sound's not in the guitar. It's in the amp. If you want their sound you're going to have to buy a Bogner Uberschall, and those cost $2500+. Explorers are killer guitars, but they alone won't give you the sound.

One more thing, I'm adding you to my CoCa group, the largest one on UG, I might add .
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
thanks guys. ya i know claudio uses a Uberschall head and Vox ac30, sometimes a Fender Twin, they are migrating to Boss pedals. i love Minariks but i have only played a few, hard to get ahold of. i'm looking at the faded explorer mostly, even tho they are pretty much gone now. as for the EDS-1275, its a cute guitar, but claudio rarely plays it and i've played alot of SG's and don't like them over explorer's/lp's.