Hello.
I tried hooking up my MP3 player to my Line 6 Spider III earlier, and for some reason it won't work. I used a 3.5MM that is the standard output cable for mp3 players, CD players, etc. But this one had the cable end on both sides, as to connect a device to another speaker directly. The Spider III has an imput where you can connect an mp3 player into it and it plays the music through the speakers.
However, it does not work. I put one end of the cable into my mp3 player, and the other end in the imput on the amp for the CD/MP3 IN. But, I get no sound whatsoever. Is there something i'm doing wrong? Is there a setting I need to activate? I need help with this.. =/
(\__|)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain World Domination.

92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Sig this if you think most new popular music sucks.
It works fine for me. If it seems to fit in both ends, and it dosent work its probably a problem with your amp, or mp3 player? But I would message Line 6
Last edited by Jreed08013 at Jan 29, 2009,
Make sure you have a cable plugged into the guitar input jack too. I had the same problem with my drummer's Spider III when we were trying to use it as an ipod amp.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
Make sure you have a cable plugged into the guitar input jack too. I had the same problem with my drummer's Spider III when we were trying to use it as an ipod amp.

+1, on a lot of amps there needs to be a lead in the guitar input for the amp to be "activated". a common dummy plug used is those 1/8 to 1/4 adapters that come with headphones, or you could just plug in your guitar
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
How to fix your spider

1) Grab firmly by handle
2) Lift over head
3) throw out nearest window
4) burn the remains
5) never buy a spider again

Or you can buy a dummy jack, but that won't change the fact that your amp sounds like ass
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ