So I have my amp plugged into the mic jack (laptop don't got a "line in" specifically) via 1/8 inch adapter and always at about 20-30 seconds into the recording the sound quality goes all to **** and the recording loses a great deal of volume. I have tried this out on two different kinds of software and I get the same problem.

My guess would be the mic jack? I dunno I can't hear any quality or volume lose while I record it...only on playback do I hear the problem....I turn to those with greater knowledge of this for answers.
Recording stuff is alway at least 50% less good than ''live''. Make sure to put your mic at 2 inch from the center of your amp. Otherwise idk, laptop mic aren't suppose to be good so buy a better one... Maybe your software which one you use?

Hope that help
Last edited by MangeuDePoutine at Jan 29, 2009,
He said he plugs directly into from the amp, so the problem lies either with in your computer, your cables, or your amp. Try plugging your amp into a dif. pc if you have one, and also make sure your cables arent going to hell like most of mine are. Other than that its your adapter, or your input line. I doubt its the software.
Peace be thy journey
Last edited by quam at Jan 29, 2009,