****, I'm writing a song, I think it might be in F#m , I don't know

I could tell you the chords I'm using, and I guess that would help

A Bm C#m D F#m G

I don't know about an E chords, because I haven't used one in my song yet

which is a progression of G, Bm A, D, C#m, D then back down to C#m, Bm

I hope that's not confusing, I could tab out what I'm playing if I can't get my question across, lol

I'm just stuck and I don't know the theory...like I know what I want play next, but not how/where to play it
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
A Bm C#m D E F#m G#dim are all the chords in the key of A.
F#m G#dim A Bm C# D E are all the chords in the key of F#m.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jan 29, 2009,
But I'm not playing a G#dim, it's specifically a G major, all the uppercase letters that are by themselves are major chords
dude ur in d. (or f#m)
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
also, E would be Em
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
Your currently not in a common western mode, but if you make the C#Min in to a C#dim, then you'd be in B Minor.

And punkrock the E chord would not be in a E minor scale
oh sry. D or Bm
Quote by ratracekid111
dude ur in d. (or f#m)

You're half correct. You are in D but the relative minor is B (D = Bm). A major goes with F# minor, that was what food1010 was trying to hint.
Quote by Glavinage
Your currently not in a common western mode, but if you make the C#Min in to a C#dim, then you'd be in B Minor.

And punkrock the E chord would not be in a E minor scale

thats what i was saying- if he uses a chord with e as the root, to stay in key itd be Em
Quote by ratracekid111
Quote by anotherbluesguy
Sounds like A to me. It reminds me a bit of this.

Yeah I was messing around with chords and I was going to post this, in case no one understood!

I was trying to figure it out on all-guitar-chords and I got these scales A Japanese, A Bebop Dominant, Em Bebop D Japanese

ehh...lol
Last edited by TDKshorty at Jan 29, 2009,
Keep in mind, accidentals are possible.
D Em F#m G A Bm C#dim. Yeah you're in D. The only thing is, you're playing C#m. It doesn't really make a difference either way.

And yeah, Bm in the relative minor.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jan 29, 2009,
Quote by anotherbluesguy
Sounds like A to me. It reminds me a bit of this.

haha that's what i was gonna post
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
It might be closer to G Lydian becuse the progression begins on the G chord, but then it would end on the 3rd which is kinda weird
Quote by Glavinage
It might be closer to G Lydian becuse the progression begins on the G chord, but then it would end on the 3rd which is kinda weird

well it's not supposed to end on the 3rd, I guess, it's gonna end on something else, it's a finger picked high/low style guitar interweaving inbetween the chords
Here's my tab

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B|-----3----------------7-7--7----------------12-10----------10-7----------------
G|--4-----------------------0-0--6/7-7--/11-------11--7/9----------------------
D|--------5/(4)--4/(7)-----7-7--------------------------------------------------
A|-------------2--/(5)-5- ------------------------------------------------------
E|--3-----------------------------5/7-7--/10------------7/9-----------------------