Page 1 of 2
yeah i have great EMG single coil pickups and i want to put them in a better guitar and im sick of fender and squier so i was wonderin if anyone knows of a good guitar thats around 500-1000 that utilizes 3 single coil pickups, and is actually GOOD
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
A superstrat (Ibanez, Schecter, ect) with a SSS pickup configuration is what you're looking for, but I don't know of any superstrats with a SSS configuration.

DONE
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by GODhimself37
yeah i have great EMG single coil pickups and i want to put them in a better guitar and im sick of fender and squier so i was wonderin if anyone knows of a good guitar thats around 500-1000 that utilizes 3 single coil pickups, and is actually GOOD

After I looked at your sig, I noticed the MG. Try going to a guitar store with your Squire and try playing through tube amps. You may like the sound of your current guitar, but do not like the sound of extremely high output pickups through a solid state amp.
Quote by imicius
After I looked at your sig, I noticed the MG. Try going to a guitar store with your Squire and try playing through tube amps. You may like the sound of your current guitar, but do not like the sound of extremely high output pickups through a solid state amp.

im looking for an amp too(probable gonna get Orange or a GOOD Marshall) but im tired (mainly) of the fenderish necks. too long and narrow. i want a les paul style neck

Quote by GODhimself37
im looking for an amp too(probable gonna get Orange or a GOOD Marshall) but im tired (mainly) of the fenderish necks. too long and narrow. i want a les paul style neck

his one looks good but its discontinued and is definitely hard to find.

can you just sell your pups and buy this
(Invalid img)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by GODhimself37

It's going to be hard to find a Les Paul style neck that also has single coil pickups. If you want the single coil sound, you could always get a guitar with coil taps or P90s.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

those look even better in person

sucks i already got 3 guitars

Real question is that without going to the url of the picture can you guess what brand it is?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
How about a Fender Mustang? Its a short scale like a Gibson.

Or really one of your few other options and out of your price range:
Wow, tht single coil SG is beautiful!! can you get a normal SG in that color?
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by sesstreets

Real question is that without going to the url of the picture can you guess what brand it is?

looks like a carvin bolt

Which it is.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
A custom from UG's resident amateur luthiers.

They're way better than any production guitar you'll get for this price range.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Justin Credible
G&L. Great guitars that dont get enough discussion. Look into them.

This.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Justin Credible
G&L. Great guitars that dont get enough discussion. Look into them.

If the TS hates Fenders, he'll hate G&Ls because they are more Fender than Fenders are.
What is the TS on about with fender necks being too narrow? fender necks come in various shapes and my tele and strat necks are noticeably fatter than my gf's les paul
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

DONE

Yup.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by PendulousThread
What is the TS on about with fender necks being too narrow? fender necks come in various shapes and my tele and strat necks are noticeably fatter than my gf's les paul

I think the TS is just naive because he has a crappy Squier and is lumping ALL Fenders into the same.
ESP Vintage Plus or some sorta PRS.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
The only single coil guitars that I know of are Fender and G&L and also Godin make some nice Strat copies. G&L is like more Fender than Fender itself though.

Anyway, I'm not sure why you would say Fender necks are narrow because there's a lot of different type of Fender guitars.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
just save the money buy a kicka$$ amp
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
G&L, Parker and Carvin.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

DONE

Yes, the very one I was about to suggest.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Gibson Melody Maker with dual pickups [if they even make those anymore] If you can't find a new one, go used. Replace the single coils with your EMGs and rock the **** out
1. Replace your amp before you bash a good brand; MG's make anything sound awful.
2. I assume your basing your opinion of Fender's off your Squier, which is idiotic; Fender's are much better than Squiers, I'm tired of people always grouping them together.
3. To be perfectly honest, using EMG's without a crankable tube amp like you are is kind of pointless.
4. Price range?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by eurotrashed
I think the TS is just naive because he has a crappy Squier and is lumping ALL Fenders into the same.

+ 100
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Gibson Single Coil Sg

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Any guitar you run through that MG wont sound good.Replace the amp before blaming things on the guitar.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by necrosis1193
1. Replace your amp before you bash a good brand; MG's make anything sound awful.
2. I assume your basing your opinion of Fender's off your Squier, which is idiotic; Fender's are much better than Squiers, I'm tired of people always grouping them together.
3. To be perfectly honest, using EMG's without a crankable tube amp like you are is kind of pointless.
4. Price range?

That sums it up nicely. TS, I think your whole approach isn't thought through well. A Squier with good pups can be a great guitar. A different amp should be your main concern at the moment.

In case you don't want to take that advice:

If the neck is a big problem for you, try a tele maybe, they have fatter necks than strats. If you want a shorter neck, or to be precise, a shorter scale, try Jaguars. The mexican ones come for 700$ or 800$ if I remember correctly. Teles and Jaguars usually only have two pups though, not three (in case that's important to you).

Another option would be buying a guitar body and neck from www.warmoth.com or similar sites, you can choose the neck's scale length and profile then.

EDIT: The latter option will cost you 1000$ minimum.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jan 30, 2009,
What model number is that esp everyone keeps +1ing
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
That is an ESP Vintage Plus. Which has the following feature:

Thin U Neck Contour

If you want a shorter scale neck, then get a Fender Mustang or a Fender Jaguar, they're 24" scale I think. And an Epi Les Paul for example is 24.75" scale vs. the Strat 25.5".

If you want 24.75" scale or less and you want a single coils, look at a fender Mustang or a Fender Jaguar.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

may i through a suggjestion out there i dont think its been said, maybe replace the neck on your squier to one you like? (pardon my spelling)
I pay for music and so should you: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by Music18
u just got to love fat strats.... and i really like the ones that hav 2 single pick upsm then the humbucker near the bridge... very nice =)
Quote by rorygodowsky
may i through a suggjestion out there i dont think its been said, maybe replace the neck on your squier to one you like? (pardon my spelling)

Good suggestion. That is one thing the TS can look at. Personally if it were me, I wouldn't even bother with modifying a Squier because I don't think it's worth it.

Heck, you should save up for a new amp and a new guitar. I can only imagine how EMG's sound through an MG.

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Quote by MustangSVT
Good suggestion. That is one thing the TS can look at. Personally if it were me, I wouldn't even bother with modifying a Squier because I don't think it's worth it.

Heck, you should save up for a new amp and a new guitar. I can only imagine how EMG's sound through an MG.

It probably sounds something like bees mating inside a woodshop run by larger bees.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
there is a sweet cort HSS, its a Cort G260.
Wilkinson Trem and all.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
his one looks good but its discontinued and is definitely hard to find.

can you just sell your pups and buy this
(Invalid img)

not a big fan of a tune-o-matic bridge...

Page 1 of 2