Page 1 of 2
Am I the only one who has to deal with them on nearly a daily schedule? It's known around my "group" (I use that word very lightly) that if you need a new band that I can usually find something to fit your need.

So for a recent example a friend tagged me in a Facebook note asking all his friends for music. So I just started calling off bands that I could think of. One of them was Death Cab For Cutie. Hey, I like em and I think Ben Gibbard is a musical genius. But of course there is the kid who thinks he will be cool to call out that I mentioned them (and Daft Punk) to express his musical knowledge. I said its cool if he doesn't like them but to not call me out because of it.

So he's ranting on and on about how homosexual my tastes in music are an blah blah blah...

So who else always has the pleasure of talking to these stubborn minded people?
Quote by iantheman
I LOVE Daft Punk

The kid said that you don't have to have any knowledge or skill to play their music so I sent him a picture of their pyramid and he stopped commenting on it.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
This is UG. We deal with it daily.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Not I said the fly.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Quote by The_Paranoia

The kid said that you don't have to have any knowledge or skill to play their music so I sent him a picture of their pyramid and he stopped commenting on it.

Quote by boreamor
Daft Punk are amazing! I listen to their music daily

I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
One More Time!! We're Gonna Celebraaaate!
Why I Love Spanish Women

I'm hoping by "crack" you mean cleavage unless you have some kind of bizarre ass-chest.

Quote by Kensai
Dude, relax. Don't be so rape about things.
DCFC are amazing! Anyone who thinks differently is closeminded. Ben Gibbard IS a genious, That guy has no idea what he's talking about
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
DCFC are amazing! Anyone who thinks differently is closeminded. Ben Gibbard IS a genious, That guy has no idea what he's talking about

You're close minded. I don't like DCFC because they don't suit my taste in music. That doesn't make me close minded because I actually listened to them.

But trying to tell me that I'm close minded because you like them and I don't is idiotic.
we all deal with it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Every time a user here posts something along the lines of "Rap Is cRap haha" I cry a little inside.

Please everybody, don't make me cry.
Quote by QuantumMechanix

You missed the point so hard here.
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
Hahaha DCFC is soooooooooooo gay!!!1111

Just kiddin their pretty good, and that guy who thought otherwise is an idiot

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

Quote by bendystraw
Every time a user here posts something along the lines of "Rap Is cRap haha" I cry a little inside.

It is.

Not even music, as far as I'm concerned.
All the bands listed so far as SOOO awful. Listen to real music MAAAAAN! Led Zeppelin is where it's at MAAAAAN! If you don't listen to the Zep you can just go to hell.
Quote by bendystraw

Please everybody, don't make me cry.

I agree. I like quite a bit of rap and when someone thinks they are witty for saying "cant spell crap without rap!!111" I too want to cry.

Quote by boreamor
You're close minded. I don't like DCFC because they don't suit my taste in music. That doesn't make me close minded because I actually listened to them.

But trying to tell me that I'm close minded because you like them and I don't is idiotic.

Perhaps "narrow minded" was a bit much. But if you saw this kid's backing to anything, you would agree. He just says everything is gay and Gibbard is Mercury's lost gay lover.

Besides, his favorite band is Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit.

Quote by Doppelgänger
It is.

Not even music, as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFb9UqELX8w
I dare you not to dance.
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Jan 29, 2009,
Quote by JackalUK
All the bands listed so far as SOOO awful. Listen to real music MAAAAAN! Led Zeppelin is where it's at MAAAAAN! If you don't listen to the Zep you can just go to hell.

I don't know who you are or what you do, but the first link in your sig makes me love you.
Quote by The_Paranoia

Perhaps "narrow minded" was a bit much. But if you saw this kid's backing to anything, you would agree. He just says everything is gay and Gibbard is Mercury's lost gay lover.

Besides, his favorite band is Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit.

Again, so what? He's a music retard. And I like both Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. Yet I listen to Led Zep, Daft Punk, etc.

He's just trying to fit and and failing.
Quote by boreamor

ok ok. What I should've said is: Anyone who dislikes a band simply because they are not of a certain genre or because they're not "brutal" is close minded. IMO Death Cab is one of the best bands out there.
I hate my sig
Also, DCFC sucks insurmountable amounts of dick. But people who think otherwise aren't retards. They just have different taste.
Quote by Bleurgh

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

Quote by Tanooki
Also, DCFC sucks insurmountable amounts of dick. But people who think otherwise aren't retards. They just have different taste.

People are entitled to like and dislike whatever. I myself don't like 90% of metal I've heard and wounder why anyone thinks Job For a Cowboy is enjoyable but I don't make fun of it.

And comments like your first sentence make you just seem immature.
Constantly, everybody in my town listen ti rap and Reaggaeton, the call me Emo all the time.

They couldn't recognize a Metalhead from an Emo if their lives depended on it.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Lol, Jonas Brothers and DCFC and 50 Cent and Taylor Swift and Cannibal Corpse and Slaaaayer and Dragonforce ar so gaaaaaaaay olololololol.

Yes. I deal with it all the time. I actually punched a guy in the crotch for continually telling me that Country was gay. Gay =/= synonym for stupid, and insulting musical tastes don't make you cool.
I bet this thread would be completely different if OP would've said Nickelback instead of Death Cab For Cutie.
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by The_Paranoia
People are entitled to like and dislike whatever. I myself don't like 90% of metal I've heard and wounder why anyone thinks Job For a Cowboy is enjoyable but I don't make fun of it.

I never said they weren't. I was just pointing out the fact that calling someone an idiot because of their taste in music after defending yourself from them doing the same to you, is moronic.

And that's because I am immature.
Quote by Bleurgh

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

He's not stubborn, just a dick.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
I bet this thread would be completely different if OP would've said Nickelback instead of Death Cab For Cutie.

Given that a pop-music-bot could write Nickelback's music (and may have), you're probably right.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

first of all, Death Cab For Cutie are gods, as well as Daft Punk

second of all, all the time...ALL THE TIME, partially due to my love of No Doubt

but I vehemently argue with idiots who think bands like MCR or FOB are Emo...NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IT IS! and it annoys me...
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
There was some idiot on another message board that I visit who insisted that bands who "can't hang" with Guns N' Roses are p*ssies and their music shouldn't be listened to. He was going on and on about how bands/songwriters who express their emotions in their songs are "homos" and he shot down every single suggestion saying things like "they aren't hard enough", "his voice is too high-pitched and emo" (that was when I suggested Coheed and Cambria), and other close-minded crap like that.
Quote by JackalUK

Well played.

Personally, I have to deal with close-minded people constantly, be it music or otherwise.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by The_Paranoia

If JFAC was the first band you thought of when you said "metal" you need to listen to more metal. I like some JFAC but there are way better bands out there that I like that describe metal better.

That being said, I don't really like DCFC, I just don't like the sound of their music. I give them props for making music many people enjoy though.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by AlmostLikeLife
There was some idiot on another message board that I visit who insisted that bands who "can't hang" with Guns N' Roses are p*ssies and their music shouldn't be listened to. He was going on and on about how bands/songwriters who express their emotions in their songs are "homos" and he shot down every single suggestion saying things like "they aren't hard enough", "his voice is too high-pitched and emo" (that was when I suggested Coheed and Cambria), and other close-minded crap like that.

lol at how Emo and high-pitched don't go together at all

make him listen to Fugazi or Minor Threat and tell him THAT'S real Emo
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash