Poll: Upgrade strat or buy a tele?
Poll Options
View poll results: Upgrade strat or buy a tele?
Tele; new guitar.
7 64%
Strat; MIA > MIM
4 36%
Voters: 11.
Alright, so I have a MIM strat and a dual-humbucker guitar. Both sound and feel good, so I figure I can have some fun and pick a guitar without worrying about more range. As such at first I was considering a tele. Then I looked at a HW1 strat. And once more I want one of those. >< In short, do I get a MIM tele, or sell the strat and upgrade to a US-made strat?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
tele, strat wouldn't be that much of an upgrade if you're going to highway one

(flame shield)

seriously though, don't expect a american standard, and I like the mexi teles if you like the tele sound
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
i would say highway one...but i hate the headstocks soooo much.....and i don't like tele's....honestly the MIA Highway one doesn't have many advantages in my opinion over either of those..how about upgrade your mim strat?
Get a HWY1 tele! Or the Baja Tele, that thing has some AWESOME sounds. Look it up on youtube, the phase options are sick.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jan 29, 2009,
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
tele, strat wouldn't be that much of an upgrade if you're going to highway one

(flame shield)

seriously though, don't expect a american standard, and I like the mexi teles if you like the tele sound

Touche.

Quote by Chad11491
i would say highway one...but i hate the headstocks soooo much.....and i don't like tele's....honestly the MIA Highway one doesn't have many advantages in my opinion over either of those..how about upgrade your mim strat?

On the headstocks; I like the 70's styling.

On the tele's; I wouldn't consider one if I didn't like em'.

As for upgrading my strat, I'm completely fine with it how it is. Sounds good, feels good, plays good, looks good, my only complaint is it doesn't have 24 frets, but I'm not screwing up the feel by putting a different radius neck on.

Quote by Sid McCall
Get a HWY1 tele! Or the Baja Tele, that thing has some AWESOME sounds. Look it up on youtube, the phase options are sick.

phasing on a tele? I do believe I'm sold.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15