My brother and I live together and he's the one who writes the check to our landlord. Well it turns out that the check he wrote got bounced because the check I wrote to my brother bounced.

I made a deposit that more than covered the rent a week before rent was due, but the idiot clerk put my deposit in my savings account rather than my checking account. Now my checking account is in the negative plus I have a fee for the bounced check.

I know I can go to the bank tomorrow and get my problem fixed, but my brother needs me to cover his $20 fee with his bank for the bounced check plus a $30 fee our landlord charges. Can I get my bank to cover that $50 for the mistake they made, or am I gonna have to cover that out of pocket?
Well, perhaps you should check that your money is in your cheque account
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
my girlfriend was charged 1500 dollars because our mortgage ddm bounced, then all the other bills couldnt come off and they were due the same day, and the charged us 150 a pop. bastards.
Last edited by DegaMeth at Jan 29, 2009,
I have found that the more annoyance that you can cause a business, the more likely you will get what you want.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by thedudemeister
Well, perhaps you should check that your money is in your cheque account

You making fun of American English?

Seriously, the clerk shouldn't have made that mistake. I'm not mad at her for it, but the bank can't seriously charge me for a mistake they made.
Quote by angusfan16
Thread title turned me on.

Me too.

If your bank made a mistake they will cover any fees/charges you incurred due to their mistake.

If not just write a hold up note on the back of one of your deposit slips..........
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by dudius

No, that was not American-English, that was you getting your homophones mixed up.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by dudius

Seriously, the clerk shouldn't have made that mistake. I'm not mad at her for it, but the bank can't seriously charge me for a mistake they made.

Well, they CAN but, at the same time they can't, like I COULD walk up and smack my dad in the head, doesnt mean I wont have to deal with it later.
Quote by thedudemeister
No, that was not American-English, that was you getting your homophones mixed up.

We don't write cheques....

Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
Well, they CAN but, at the same time they can't, like I COULD walk up and smack my dad in the head, doesnt mean I wont have to deal with it later.

If you're saying "Go to the bank, raise a fuss, they are liable to fix it" then I get what you mean.
Quote by dudius

What in the hell?!!! Why can't you just say cheque? It would save soooo much confusion.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by dudius

If you're saying "Go to the bank, raise a fuss, they are liable to fix it" then I get what you mean.

Qu is typically reserved for queer. Or queen. But not check.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by dudius

Too cheap, ey?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by dudius

Ya more or less, I guess, I dunno.
Take the meaning as you wish
icy hot
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Quote by CaptainRon
I don't think there is a such thing as an instant bank transfer. It just appears that way to us but the banks really take a few days to do it.
Faster than a cheque, and far less effort.

I don't understand why dudius doesn't have a monthly direct debit to his brother and his brother have a monthly direct debit to their landlord, or even why they don't just have a direct debit each to the landlords account. You can set this stuff up online once and that's it for the rest of your tenancy, why faff about with cheques?
I was looking forward to hearing about someone in the pit literally getting anally raped.
Damn it!
Why don't you people use better titles?!?!
Dude, that’s not getting raped by the bank. End of last year the ****ers withdraw $7700 out of my account for no reason and I had to wait 2 weeks to get it back. For a week no one could tell me where the money was and I couldn’t get it back til they found it.
Quote by 24fRETSoFfURY
Dude, that’s not getting raped by the bank. End of last year the ****ers withdraw $7700 out of my account for no reason and I had to wait 2 weeks to get it back. For a week no one could tell me where the money was and I couldn’t get it back til they found it.

I just liked the title. Sounds like you got more than raped, they made you a weekly-client.
you should totally just set up a standing order though, lol
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by dudius
I just liked the title. Sounds like you got more than raped, they made you a weekly-client.

True, the title is good.
Yeah, they raped me constantly for a week until they told me it was all good and I’d get my money back.
Not a pleasant experience.
Quote by CaptainRon
I don't think there is a such thing as an instant bank transfer. It just appears that way to us but the banks really take a few days to do it.

I think there is. My account receives and clears my wages from work every month in about a split-second. They pay everyone at midnight on the 22nd of every month and 'account balance' and 'available balance' go up simultaneously at like 1 second past midnight.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK