ok i got this squire strat and i its black
i want to paint it like evhs black and white guitar
i was wondering if i could just put on the tape paint it white and then just put clear spray paint on it
would this work. because i dont want to strip the paint
thanx
it definately would i did the same thing. I had a black guitar and put the painters tape over places i wanted to be black and then painted it white. Although i would suggest atleast scruffing up the other parts of the guitar that will be painted over, so that the white paint will stick better.
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Yep this would work. I just finished my red, white and black frankenstrat. Going to do the white/black one or yellow/black one next...or both
i dopnt want to sand off anything
could i just paint it white let it dry and quickly put on cleaer without sanding it
thanx
Why don't you want to sand? It's not like you have to take any paint off, just rough it up. You won't know in the end that you even sanded..it's gonna be white.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by beatleguitar03
i dopnt want to sand off anything
could i just paint it white let it dry and quickly put on cleaer without sanding it
thanx

Why don't you listen? You ask for advice, which two people give you including reasons why and still you question it?

IF, you do not scuff sand the parts you want to paint, the new paint will not stick, will chip and or peel and look sh!t

Use blue plastic masking tape to mask it out. Use a 600 grit wet and dry (wet) or a maroon scuff pad, and scuff the part you want to paint, just to remove the shine.

Replace the masking tape.

Then paint it. really you should prime it first, but see what happens.

Let the paint dry for 10 mins then pull the masking tape and let it dry fully.
you could use the
SEARCHBAR FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

I'm tired of these threads that pop up continuously asking the same question. It's redundant, and there's no point in clogging the forums with something that's already been answered. If you're gonna post pics of progress it's one thing, but for a question like this, you can easily use google or the searchbar. Both will provide you with more than enough results.
------

Shwiggity.