I was playing my mate's Marhsall 1960AV and it was an early model. They use Celestion G12 70W Vintage Speakers and they sound amazing! I can't find these for sale anywhere or any real info about them. Normally the cab comes with the G12T-75s, but I guess they did a run with the others and I really want them in my life. From the info I acquired they are the Vintage 30s but with higher wattage.

Does anyone have any info on these or where I can get these?
Mesa used those in some of their older cabs. They were built in the UK at celestions factory. As opposed to the ones that are now built in Asia. If you look for a older 280 watt Mesa cab you may find what your looking for.

Interesting though. I didn't know Marshall had used them also. But than again I don't know to much about Marshall.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
They're discontinued if that's what you want to know. So your best bet would be to watch craigslist and fleabay for some pull-outs.

Also I know they are voiced slightly darker than a standard V30. You might want to try the ultimate speaker thread. And see if you can get a comparable recommendation.

I'll keep a lookout myself and throw some feelers out on the boogie board. And keep you in mind if I come up with something.

Good luck
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Yeah, check ebay or craigslist, and ask around. I don't know much about that speaker, but I happen to have some discontinued celestions myself in a 2x12 (V12-60's). Lot's of warmth. Maybe not my favorite for cleans, but excellent for mid and high gain stuff.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Actually, on second thought, I think what you're referring to are simply the normal Vintage 30 speakers, but maybe from back when they were still made in England. (4x70 = 280 watts, which is what the AV cabs are rated at).

Maybe they still are 70 watts, I don't know for sure. If I'm right, you will find just what you're looking for if you pick up a 1960AV or Mesa Recto cab, etc. (any V30 loaded cab really) that's at least a few years old. It was fairly recent when manufacturing was moved to China.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff