Baby Joel had mentioned this idea before, and I've been thinking about it ever since.

Quote by Baby Joel
I love the reverse headstock.
Though all I'd do is buy a lefty and restring it, which I'm considering doing. Plus it looks epic playing a guitar the wrong side, with the control knobs on the other side and whatnot.

When you think about it, all you'd need to do is re-string the guitar (reverse the string order) and you'd be in business.

Of course, all the stuff would be on the wrong side, but that didn't stop Hendrix, did it?

Also, depending on the guitar, you'd get a different sound. I think a lefty Strat that has been re-strung should deliver a "Hendrix" sound, based on the bridge pickup orientation and such.

I haven't come across many lefty guitars, so I'm not sure if they'd be cheaper or not.

Mainly, I was just curious if anyone has done this or not.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by yellowsnow4free at Jan 29, 2009,
i had this idea, to make a custom guitar, but i wanted to put the electronics on the normal way on a lefty strat body, never got around to it though, shame
wouldnt you have to change the nut the gauge is different?
ibanez rocks
I considered buying a lefty strat multiple times, as well as a lefty strat neck. Decided it would just be too much work and I'd be branded a Jimiclone.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
i do i do. i gotta lefty strat i play right handed. had to file the frets down a bit to get a good tone with no buzz, otherwise is sounds awesome
leftys are more expensive than right handed guitars

and I used to play a right handed guitar flipped over and restrung and honestly the knobs being on the wrong side is just stupid and annoying
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

Yeah im ambidextrious and I favor my left hand more for writing,sports , almost anything but when it comes to music especially guitar I play right handed..
I cannot explain the pro's for this technique except that I picked up a right hand guitar when I first started playing and I have not changed since I started. I bought a left hand strat but it is not the same so I favor my right handed guitars more than my lefties plus they cost less than a lefthanded guitar.. Why is that?
Quote by goeke
Yeah im ambidextrious and I favor my left hand more for writing,sports , almost anything but when it comes to music especially guitar I play right handed..
I cannot explain the pro's for this technique except that I picked up a right hand guitar when I first started playing and I have not changed since I started. I bought a left hand strat but it is not the same so I favor my right handed guitars more than my lefties plus they cost less than a lefthanded guitar.. Why is that?

^ yeah why is that? I'm a lefty and find it totally annoying and unnecessary
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

My gear....
1957 Fender strat yes I said 1957
Sg gibson
B.C. Rich warlock (signed by slayer)
couple acoustics

Amps
1970 sumthin Music man
Sunn amps
1970 sunthin Peavy

Pedals
Digitech
mass production=cheaper.
they make right handed guitars more since most people are right handed
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Quote by lpguitarplayer3
^ yeah why is that? I'm a lefty and find it totally annoying and unnecessary

Its economics. fewer people play left handed guitars so it is producer at a slower rate, therefore fewer on the market. and as there isnt an alternative to playing a left handed guitar when your left handed (other than leaning right - which if you can do ****ing well done i think its impossible) it can be put up to a higher rate. and also companies have to buy different machinary to make left handed guitars and as they dont sell aswell as right handed ones they have to make up the money buy making them more expensive
I wouldn't do it for cost and having to re-learn how to play guitar. If I could start all over again, I would do it so my dominate hand does the fretting, which I think is harder than picking.
I dunno.. I always thought it was abit poser-ish to do the Hendrix thing.

Apparently Herman Li (Lee?) and Michael-Angelo batio are both left handed, but play right handed. That way, they have their more dominant hand fretting.

Although, when Hendrix got some money together and actually bough a left handed guitar, apparently he didn't like it as much and couldn't get the sound he wanted. Because when you turn a guitar upside down and restring it, the bassier string are now over the pickups where the G B and E should be, creating a different tone.
I'm left-handed, but I play guitar right-handed. It's a good thing to have your dominant hand as the fretting hand. More coordination and all that. Plus it saves money than buying a lefty guitar.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I'm left-handed, but I play guitar right-handed. It's a good thing to have your dominant hand as the fretting hand. More coordination and all that. Plus it saves money than buying a lefty guitar.

same here. took me awhile to get used to it. but that was 4 years ago. i have to say though, playing the guitar right handed has made me.... somewhat right handed. get what i mean?
yeah, like ever since I started taking guitar seriously, I found out I masturbate more with my right hand now

>.>
<.<

What!?!!? NOTHING!!! A guy gets lonely

Btw, kidding about all of that up there ^^^
yeah im left handed too and play right handed. i didnt really have too much trouble with it. i guess i am sorta ambidexorous (sp?) though. i do get comments about the situation. they are always in awe of how im left handed yet play a right handed guitar
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Orange Tiny Terror with 1x12 cab
Big Muff
Vox Clyge McCoy Wah Pedel
Holy Grail Reverb