So today, for NHS we all went to help at the local winter special olympics. We all got paired up with a kid and we had to help them out for the day with all their events. And I must say that was a cool experience for myself.

Has anybody else done anything like that, like helping out people with special needs?
I did the buddy walk with my Ex's brother. It was a great experience.
Sail upon the open skies
I used to work with a young man who is mentally challenged. It always surprised me how nasty some of our coworkers could be to him (although, many of them were very uneducated and completely clueless when it came to anything/anyone outside of what they considered normal). Regardless of that mess, he's a very cool guy that is always ready with a kind word no matter who it is/how they treat him
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
of course not! special needs people are put here by the lord almighty for our entertainment. it's okay, we're supposed to laugh at them.
Quote by mr.happyman
of course not! special needs people are put here by the lord almighty for our entertainment. it's okay, we're supposed to laugh at them.

I hope youre not serious.
Quote by mr.happyman

G.T.F.O now.

I don't do that but in my computing class I am paired to do stuff with a special kid. While annoying, and actually homicidal, he's pretty down to earth. More so then most people.
Quote by mr.happyman

Not funny.
Quote by irishstang_87
Americans. And I'm American. But Americans in general piss me off.

Quote by MightyAl
But they all fall under the catagory i like to call sh!tcore.

Quote by Union Jake
Oh and BTW i didn't start it, i was like WTF at first but then everyone else did it, and i didn't wanna be left out,