I need some suggestions for a new amp. The music that I play is variated in the styles of Red Hot Chili Peppers to Rage Against the Machine and even some metal tones. Basically, It's gotta be at least 2 channels, maybe as clean as "Under the Bridge," But definately needs to have that Rage or even more distortion. Right now my main axe is a Schecter Hellraiser FR with 18v (less compressed sound than 9v), but I'm looking into getting either a Tele or Les Paul soon. The two amps that I've been looking at are the Laney VH100R and Traynor YCS100H2. The only thing with the Traynor, it's not out yet; so does anyone know when it will be released? I'm trying to keep the budget ~$1500 for now. Also, I will need an amp by March 4. And I'm not really interested in buying used.
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
Quote by therockinkid

and PLEASE SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY IN ONE FUCKIN POST DONT SPAM..............

that MG is BS Ts get an orange Rocker 30 used or a Splawn Quickrod if you can find one used.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
A Splawn Quickrod would be good. Actually really good. Actually it'd be the tits, straight up.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

that idiot is a ****ing troll. he only posted in this thread. Anyways, any thoughts on the two amps I mentioned?
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-2203KK-Kerry-King-Signature-JCM800-Guitar-Amp-Head-104407044-i1173582.gc

Well... its worth it if you want that tone. Maybe you could save up a few bucks.

OTHERWISE

I'd recommend a ceriatone.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
I'd recommend a ceriatone.

Ceriatone would be really good too. Splawn is basically a beefed up Ceriatone with a bit more versatility, and a lower shipping cost...

But do some research on Ceriatone and Splawns, they're both really great amp companies. Ceriatones are more straight clones of amps (Marshall in this case) and Splawn puts their own hot-rodded twist on the Plexi, 800 sound.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

only problem with that is it's only single channel. My set list requires me to go at least clean to distortion.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
How loud does it need to be? 50 watts? 25?
Regardless, you might want to check out THD. The Bivalve is $1500 and is 30 watts. The Univalve is $900 and has 20 watts I believe. I am looking at one and it has great rock and clean tones.

Maybe a Soldano? THose are pretty sweet too and you can find one within your price range. THe Avenger and Astroverb are under 1.5K

Check em out......
The Astrverb only has 1 channel though. But can sound clear and high gain-y too.

Hope this helps!
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Wanna know something cool?

Get your dirty channel eq and gain levels perfect.
Lower your guitar volume just above 0.

Listen to what I call crisp clean,
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I can vouch for the Laney. Im still dialing mine in but bits got great clean and a great distortion channel.
Sig What?