I am totaly new i have a STarcaster (strat) with a 15w starcaster amp not the 10w one and giving that to my daughter
I am buying a Epiphone 310 or 400 cause i like the look lots better and the feel so i will buy new gear for myself also

right now im learning yet later would like to play from 60s rock to modern

between 300 - 400 total for teh 2 amps
first amp needs to be small and portable to use with a 12volt power inverter would like it to be a little loud if needed yet mainly for practice ( i looked at some battery powered ones yet dont know anything baout them)
second amp would stay at home would like it to be an amp i can practice at home and use later when i am better so i dont have to buy an amp later

considering Fender G-DEC 30 Guitar Digital Entertainment Center because of all it claims it can do yet IS there another brand sim to this product ?

ty in advance i am learning very slow ( not alot of time to practice ) and i dont know what questions to ask yet i think i know what i need.
for practice
vox da5
for smaller gigs
Blackheart handsome devil, blues JR, epi valve JR/ for modern metal( is this what you want??) Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo
for guitar
some sort of Agile lespaul (better thn the g400)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 29, 2009,
Go to the store tell the people to set you up on a bunch of amps. Tell them what music you are trying to play. Find the ones you like then come tell UG which ones and well give our insight.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
for practice
vox da5
for smaller gigs
Blackheart handsome devil, blues JR, epi valve JR/ for modern metal( is this what you want??) Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo
for guitar
some sort of Agile lespaul (better thn the g400)

I don't know if an Agile is that much better than a G400. IMO, they're great guitars.

SG's>Les Pauls, anyway.

Just get a DA5 for right now, and worry about getting a bigger amp later on down the line when you know what you want to play, where you want to take your music, etc.

It would be foolish to spend a wad of cash on a tube amp if you're just starting out and don't even know what kind of music you want to go with.
ok so the DA5 my truck at 5w it do just fine if it is loud enough
yet still need 2nd amp for house so i dont have to carry th eother amp back and forth

i should expalin i travel ALOT and would be lots easier to just leave a amp in my truck and have another in my house cant see buying 2 of the same amps
Quote by imgooley

Just get a DA5 for right now, and worry about getting a bigger amp later on down the line when you know what you want to play, where you want to take your music, etc.

It would be foolish to spend a wad of cash on a tube amp if you're just starting out and don't even know what kind of music you want to go with.

I second this.

Because if you are basically starting out and want good all around tone, the Da5 is a good amp for that. Durable as heII, full of effects, and battery powered should you want/need. Also try a Roland MicroCube. Both weigh like less than 10 pounds so carrying them to and from the truck shouldn't be an issue. Once you know what you are going to play most and have saved a decent amount of cash, get a nice amp for home.
Edit: The Da5 or Microcube would be more than loud enough for inside a truck. I own one and have played both.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jan 30, 2009,
ok guys ty alot ill get one of them tonight and if carrying all my luggage food guitar and amp gets to be too much i can use my lil girls fender amp i like it anyways .