So I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard that I'm pretty satisfied with and a Rage 158 amp with a G1X Zoom pedal. I've been playing for a bit more than 2 years and I've had a teacher for a short period of time (getting another one soon actually) so I guess I would say that I'm a beginner/intermediate level player. Although I really enjoy my Epiphone, I'd really like to purchase a guitar designed primarily for metal and hard rock in the near future. I play a lot of Killswitch Engage, BFMV, All That Remains, etc. I really seemed to enjoy some of the Ibanez guitars that I was looking into (anyone know anything about the RGT42DXFM?), and some Jacksons as well. Pricewise, I think a bit more than 600 dollars would get me a decent guitar for the money, right?. Any ideas?
Last edited by TheDave1552 at Jan 29, 2009,
Schecter C1 Classic

I've heard many great things about it. All That Remains is a good band I'm learning their stuff now too. If jackson, go for the mid priced Warrior, there's 2 trims and they are around $700 I think.
I would say no to the C1 Classic
All of the ones I have played looked and felt nice, but they sounded too muddy
$600 would buy you that new peavey 6505 1x12 combo which is coming out. i'd strongly consider that, assuming it's made to the same standards as the USA-made ones (it might not be).

i'd agree that a metal-focussed guitar would probably sound slightly better for it than your epi, but your epi with a metal-orientated amp will sound much better again.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?