im looking for some, perhaps, easy metal songs to learn that would keep my interest as i play them. im a self-taught guitarist so the motivation factor is always a problem for me. but anyway im looking for some fun metal songs to play that will help me start off with sweeping.

also, any starter solos would be great. i started learning the first fade to black solo and its going pretty well.
The Altitude sweeps
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
there is a 3 string sweep in the solo of Valley of the Damned by Dragonforce
that was the first sweep I learned. not too hard
As much as I hate the song (and the band), Bleeding Mascara is perfect for sweep beginners, simple and has some alternate picking in the middle.
theres a really simple sweep in the sound of truth by as i lay dying....
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
im trying to learn sweeps 2, my friends just tell me to praticing diffrent scales up and down the fret board. u can try that if it helps.
Between the Buried and Me has some pretty intense sweeps. The intro to Alaska should keep your attention.
SuperSpytotally sneaky
Quote by Underoath^
Between the Buried and Me has some pretty intense sweeps. The intro to Alaska should keep your attention.

I believe he said EASY sweeps . That intro is awesome though
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Beast and the Harlot by A7X is a good beginner sweep song, the chorus makes for great practice.
Last edited by slickerthnsleek at Jan 30, 2009,
The Thing That Should Not Be - Metallica --> has some nice 3 string sweeps.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
I believe he said EASY sweeps . That intro is awesome though

haha nah i dont mind. i can still work on that. its just harder without proper practice. BtBaM are awesome though. so i dont mind at all.

Quote by Pirate Monkey
im trying to learn sweeps 2, my friends just tell me to praticing diffrent scales up and down the fret board. u can try that if it helps.

has it been helping you any?
Last edited by Ass_Goblin at Jan 30, 2009,
play a Cminor chord then slowly downpick it (lifting your fingers off the fret when you strike the note, add the first finger to he 'e string for thelast note) then after a couple of minutes speed it up. i tabbed gimme gimme gimme(yngwie malmsteen version), loads of sweeping there for the intro.
Last edited by git-airman at Jan 30, 2009,
You could try the very end of

no pity for a coward by suicide silence

its a tad tricky to play at speed but the fundementals of sweeping are there
Quote by Ass_Goblin
I'm a fail guitarist so the motivation factor is always a problem for me.

Fixed. I'm self taught but motivation has never been a problem so stop using that as an excuse and bloody practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.