on the Throw Away Your Television solo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl1-Fy4hGI0 starts at about 2:32.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
sounds like maybe two envelope filters? or a random arpeggiator. check out mid-fi electronics; they specialize in fuzz arpeggiators and stuff along those lines.
I think he just uses the Line 6 FM4 for that, but he's probably using a wah, flanger and phaser too, as well as distortion of some kind.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Jan 30, 2009,
Thats some wild stuff. Are there any other pedals besides the Line 6 that makes those sounds?
That's an arpeggiator. It's one of the moog effects, the MuRF if I recall correctly. He uses it a lot live too, it's trippy as hell. The Obi-wah setting does a similar thing.
He only had one Moog on his board during the BTW era which was the 12-Stage Phaser.
He's got about eight on his board now, and who knows what he had in the studio at the time. To my ears it sounds too clean to be the line 6, but maybe it's studio magic. In any case, it's definitely an arpeggiator.
I'm still curious about the arpeggiator pedals out there...the only one I've been able to find is the Xotic Robotalk (besides the Line 6 mentioned here). Anybody know of any others?
Quote by eyebanez333
I'm still curious about the arpeggiator pedals out there...the only one I've been able to find is the Xotic Robotalk (besides the Line 6 mentioned here). Anybody know of any others?

mid-fi electronics makes almost exclusively arpeggiating fuzzes. check youtube for some crazy clips.