i dont get why i can hit them with the amp off, nice squeelies, but when its on it doesnt sound even near as high of a pitch of a squeel.. any reason for this or am i just confused at life lol
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Pinch harmonics are quite obvious, but I was under the impression that you'd need amplification to properly hear them.

Why are you so sure you're hit the squeal with the amp off?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Increase your gain, squeals are easier to make

So your gain might be low, not allowing you to squeal as much as you thought you could.
OR
It could just be an odd coincidence that you happen to hit a squeal with your amp off, and you can't with your amp on.
ALSO
Lower Frets = Higher Squeals
Quote by ragingkitty
Pinch harmonics are quite obvious, but I was under the impression that you'd need amplification to properly hear them.

Nah, you can hear them without being plugged in. You can do pinch harmonics on an acoustic guitar.
Quote by Chasing Shadows
Increase your gain, squeals are easier to make

So your gain might be low, not allowing you to squeal as much as you thought you could.
OR
It could just be an odd coincidence that you happen to hit a squeal with your amp off, and you can't with your amp on.
ALSO
Lower Frets = Higher Squeals

No, it all depends on the node you hit and in the higher register in the 2nd octaves, the harmonics are the same as the ones 1 octave below, lower frets don't mean higher pinches, you're thinking of natural harmonics and even then, the same concept applies.
harmonics are harmonics, you can either do them or you can't - "squealies" are not just harmonics, they're harmonics played with high gain and heavy vibrato which is what gives you that squally noise.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i used to have the same problem.. turned the gain up, turned the treble up, and set my guitar to the neck pick up. try switching pickups, squealies dont work on my sg except on one pickup.
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
a pich harmonis is easy to do if your amp is at high gain, useing the bridge pickup and i find a thicker pick helps.
Quote by steven seagull
harmonics are harmonics, you can either do them or you can't - "squealies" are not just harmonics, they're harmonics played with high gain and heavy vibrato which is what gives you that squally noise.

Let the metalheads use their slang
It's important to make the distintion though - you need to know where the problem lies, some guys have their amp set right and great vibrato but can't hit harmonics correctly, for some it's the other way round.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com