So I recently got an Ibanez RG470, and I really need to know how to unlock the strings. I'm a complete and utter noob, so bear with me please.
The E and A strings are unlocked and I can tune them with the tuning pegs on the headstock and it's completely fine, but the other four strings aren't.
The guitar is using a Lo-Trs if that helps.
If anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful.
I don't know anything about Ibanez, but a pic might help solve this dilemma.

You could always try Ibanez Customer Support too.
http://www.ibanez.com/support/

If you need to call, the instruction manuals are at the above link too. I would hope the instruction manuals would have a phone number for customer support...
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Sorry about the noobishness and the double post.
I really need help guys... =(
Quote by Cherubgeist
With like.. a screwdriver?

no with a 3mm allen wrench, it should have come with the guitar if you bought it new, and if it didn't they are found at every hardware store and are cheap as chips.

but i am curious as to how you unscrewed the first locking block if you had no idea what to unscrew it with.......

http://www.guitarnoise.com/lesson/tuning-a-floyd-rose/

that should do you as a guide to tuning it.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by Cherubgeist
With like.. a screwdriver?

Try with your fingers. They're 3 things that stick out on the nut.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Try with your fingers. They're 3 things that stick out on the nut.

if you can unscrew your locking nut with your fingers, then the locking nut isn't on properly and isn't doing what it is supposed to do......
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

As long as the strings don't move, it's all the same. Having it too tight isn't good.
Quote by JELIFISH19
As long as the strings don't move, it's all the same. Having it too tight isn't good.

yes but being able to remove them with your fingers isn't necesarially a good thing either......
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

The first locking block was unscrewed when I got the guitar, something I didn't realise until recently. And yeah, I can't do it with my fingers. So maybe the allen wrench then? Is that my only real option for unlocking them?
yes, the locking nut was designed specifically for a 3mm allen wrench, and it is recommended on 9.9999999999999999999^infinity of experts and websites to use the 3mm allen wrench.

(stats based on the fact that there is a possibility for a typo).
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

hmm damn.
none of the hardware shops in my area seem to have it, at least not on their online store.
bleh!!
happy ending guys,
i found an old allen wrench down in my garage.
worked like a charm.
i can tune it.
all good.
thanks for your help guys
Quote by Cherubgeist
happy ending guys,
i found an old allen wrench down in my garage.
worked like a charm.
i can tune it.
all good.
thanks for your help guys

You are now the MASTER OF UNLOCKING!

I've always wanted to use that reference.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top