I have always wanted to install flashing LED lights in my guitar but i dont know how to. Can someone help me out?
Gear:
Ibanez GAX 30
Fender mexi tele <3 holy mother of god im in love
digitech D-7 distortion pedal
line 6 delay pedal
heartke 4x12 320 watt cab
Marshall MGHDFX100
find some way to remove fret dots if thats even possible..then use google.
On the body of the guitar.
Gear:
Ibanez GAX 30
Fender mexi tele <3 holy mother of god im in love
digitech D-7 distortion pedal
line 6 delay pedal
heartke 4x12 320 watt cab
Marshall MGHDFX100
hmmm... well you'd have to drill holes in your guitar body for a start, and have the LED's poking out slightly, and all the wiring can go through the cavities in your guitar body...

I have no experience with this, and I've got no idea, but yeah hope it goes well.
If it's just flashing LEDs couldn't you just connect them in series and use a chip for the flashing part and just hook em up to a battery? Of course you would have to cut holes in your' guitar for them to fit.
Quote by Tomo009
If it's just flashing LEDs couldn't you just connect them in series and use a chip for the flashing part and just hook em up to a battery? Of course you would have to cut holes in your' guitar for them to fit.

you'd want them in parallel, no?
I think a better idea is a surface mount l.e.d. you can get them with 'tags' so you would only need a hole slightly bigger than a pin for the tags to go through the body.
here is a link to the sort of l.e.d. im talking about. They will sit on the body without any problems. They will be strong enough to withstand reasonable use.

http://www.lc-led.com/Products/department/30
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
now why the f would a person put leds on a guitar :d... i saw that idea somewhere in the pit before, but i think it was a joke? huh?..
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I take it that someone saw Fallout Boy's performance on the Superbowl Bash last night huh?
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212