Okay, it's the usual story. I've been playing in a band for 2 years (2 guitars, bass, drums) and we're gonna play in this years school talent show. The only problem is, we're not too sure what song to play, and we've got limited options, so I was hoping you guys could help. Basically, here are the specifications:

-must have at least one guitar part, bass part, and drum part
-should only have one singer with minimal or no back-up vocals from the rest of the band
-shouldn't use too many effects (we can handle things like distortion, fuzz, chorus, but nothing TOO fancy/expensive. We could use synth, but only if we absolutely need it)
-can't be too crude (our principal would probably allow a few cuss words, but nothing over the top unfortunately)
-can't be insanely difficult. We've all got good chops on our instrument, but nothing Dream Theater and up please

We like stuff from bands like Rise Against, The Killers, Blink 182, Pennywise, The Offspring...I'm sure you get the idea.

So yeah, any help is greatly appreciated
hmm.. how about some Foo Fighters. two guitars for most songs, most of the time it's only dave singing, but you'll prolly need a pretty good drummer, cuz taylor kicks ass.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Quote by Dunjma
hmm.. how about some Foo Fighters. two guitars for most songs, most of the time it's only dave singing, but you'll prolly need a pretty good drummer, cuz taylor kicks ass.

Thank you, that's a pretty good idea. And yeah, our drummer has 8 years of experience so he should be able to hold his own...but i do agree with you, Taylor is an animal of a drummer.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well
Hmmmm..... You could always try iron man, everybody (hopefully) knows that riff, the only problem would be if the guitarist can't play the solos but otherwise it should be good. try and play something that most people have heard of as they're more likely to enjoy it more.
You could try Dammit by Blink 182. Mark and Tom both sing, but at different times, so its all good.

And you'd probably have to change:

Did you hear, he ****ed her

to

Did you hear, about her (or something along those lines)
Quote by Another bassist
Okay, it's the usual story. I've been playing in a band for 2 years (2 guitars, bass, drums) and we're gonna play in this years school talent show. The only problem is, we're not too sure what song to play, and we've got limited options, so I was hoping you guys could help. Basically, here are the specifications:

-must have at least one guitar part, bass part, and drum part
-should only have one singer with minimal or no back-up vocals from the rest of the band
-shouldn't use too many effects (we can handle things like distortion, fuzz, chorus, but nothing TOO fancy/expensive. We could use synth, but only if we absolutely need it)
-can't be too crude (our principal would probably allow a few cuss words, but nothing over the top unfortunately)
-can't be insanely difficult. We've all got good chops on our instrument, but nothing Dream Theater and up please

We like stuff from bands like Rise Against, The Killers, Blink 182, Pennywise, The Offspring...I'm sure you get the idea.

So yeah, any help is greatly appreciated

Why not do something from them?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Should I Stay or Should I go - The Clash

Has some backing vocals but not essential
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Seek and Destroy
or try something like Like The Angel by Rise Against.
I find Metallica to go over well in schools though.
Anything by blink-182 would be pretty easy to pull off. Or maybe try something by The Killers since they're pretty popular at the moment.
Last edited by shortyafter at Jan 30, 2009,
Why not something by The Ramones? It's fast, easy, and enjoyable. Joey hardly ever needed back up vocals.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Wait, it's a Talent Show, but you want to play something easy?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Last edited by Sleaze Disease at Jan 31, 2009,
I think in a school talent show mid tempo/slow stuff is probably the way to go

I would do something like yellow by cold play or under the bridge by the red hot chili peppers

Like two year ago a band played under the bridge at my schools talent show and the crowd loved it