which is the most effecian/best way to finger pick? the way ive been doing it is i use one finger for eat string. with my pointing finger the one closest to the thumb being the E string the middle for A next one for D and pinkey for G

now my question is is there a better order i could b doing? like more effeciant or conveniant cus i see people play with all 4 fingers but not the same way and it looks a lot better and more natural. and i know its about wats most confortable for me but im really basically confortable with any way after a little bit of practice
honestly, don't force yourself to do anything like "one finger to a string", just play how it comes natural. i mainly use my first two fingers for every string, but for fast string-hopping stuff or triplets i bring in my third finger.
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
yea thats wat im doing, i tried doing the whole 2-3 fingers for all the strings but it was too hard but i find wat i do now waaay esier for me just cus of the psycology or somethign i suppose, i was just trying to figure out if there was a bteer more effeciant way
Quote by bass-boy-garith
yea thats wat im doing, i tried doing the whole 2-3 fingers for all the strings but it was too hard but i find wat i do now waaay esier for me just cus of the psycology or somethign i suppose, i was just trying to figure out if there was a bteer more effeciant way

I would seriously check on some youtube videos or something to watch for proper finger technique. What you're doing will hinder your playing A LOT if you try to play anything fast on the same string. Start off using 2 alternating fingers for all strings. Youtube it, you'll see what I mean. There is no more efficient way.
Gear:

Basses:
2008 American Standard Fender Jazz
Ibanez SRX300
Amp(s):
Ashdown MAG 300 C410T + 1x15
Effects:
SansAmp 3-Channel Bass Driver D.I.
I have no idea how you play like that or why you even would. Personally I think that is just a retarded thing to do. I would suggest learning to play with two alternating fingers. Then learn to use all three or all four of your fingers if you find you need them.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp