Hey guys,

So I have been smoking weed for about two years now, only one year have I been smoking cigarettes. I have noticed that I smoke regardless of weather, but this winter it has been really unbearable. In the summertime I could smoke a pack of cigarettes and enjoy the day, but in winter time I can't put myself through one. Man summer could not come any sooner. Anyone else have this problem?
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Wait, for what reason can you not finish it?

Forcing yourself to smoke sounds really pathetic.

EDIT: I misunderstood. Go for some smokeless tobacco products till summer time?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster
what do you mean you can't smoke as much?
does it hurt your lungs/throat or what?

He means he can't smoke because he can't stand outside long enough considering how cold it is.

Pretty much God's way of saying you need to quit...
Quote by goest
He means he can't smoke because he can't stand outside long enough considering how cold it is.

seriously? if so, then to you

*goes out to smoke in -4 degrees*
Quote by goest

Yeah I am trying to quit, which it has helped with.

But it really doesn't even apply to just cigarettes. I will go out and smoke weed too, which I will never stop because it is not harmful at all, and it is still sucks. I've even been starting my car recently just to enjoy the warmth while I smoke.

My main choice of smoking is the spliff though, which is a habit I need to kick.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
I find the reverse happens to me. I've only started smoking these past couple of months and the winter has lead to me smoking cigs A LOT.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
I don't smoke cigarettes, but this is my first winter since I started hanging out with a bunch of stoners and man, smoking pot becomes a whole new ball game once the thermometer hits bottom.

It's kind of fascinating actually.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Quote by CoreysMonster
oh dude, seriously.

grow some balls, what are you, a ****ing woman?

(it's not sexist, it's science)

Dude recently the lows have hit -30, that ****ing SUCKS to smoke in.
Quote by ScottElwood

But it really doesn't even apply to just cigarettes. I will go out and smoke weed too, which I will never stop because it is not harmful at all, and it is still sucks. I've even been starting my car recently just to enjoy the warmth while I smoke.

My main choice of smoking is the spliff though, which is a habit I need to kick.

I'll admit that there is a lot of misinformation about marijuana out there as far as how it effects your body, but this is just as bad as saying it "kills your braincells" and "makes you crazy" (courtesy of many american "drug free" school campaigns).

Its still a depressant (when used on people with underlying medical disorders), and still takes a crazy toll on your lungs, as all smoke does.

If you're trying to quit anyway, take advantage of the circumstances and stop complaining.

Or alternatively:

http://www.thevolcanovaporizer.com/index.php
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Last edited by x_thurston_x at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by x_thurston_x

I'll admit that there is a lot of misinformation about marijuana out there as far as how it effects your body, but this is just as bad as saying it "kills your braincells" and "makes you crazy" (courtesy of many american "drug free" school campaigns).

Its still a depressant (when used on people with underlying medical disorders), and still takes a crazy toll on your lungs, as all smoke does.

If you're trying to quit anyway, take advantage of the circumstances and stop complaining.

Or alternatively:

http://www.thevolcanovaporizer.com/index.php

Yes I know. I have a Vaporizer, and volcanoes are worth the money if you have a disposable income. I don't have any medical disorders so that cancels me out, and it has never been linked to lung cancer. Ever. http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/20060523/pot-smoking-not-linked-to-lung-cancer

Now it may aggravate things such as Asthma, but once again I am in the clear.
i notice that the group of smokers outside school in between classes significantly dwindles during the winter months. so i guess your not the only one
Quote by ScottElwood
Yes I know. I have a Vaporizer, and volcanoes are worth the money if you have a disposable income. I don't have any medical disorders so that cancels me out, and it has never been linked to lung cancer. Ever. http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/20060523/pot-smoking-not-linked-to-lung-cancer

Now it may aggravate things such as Asthma, but once again I am in the clear.

But obviously tobacco does, and you've been doing both, and maybe yeah plan on stopping soon, but unless you're super serious about it (which you really don't seem to be), I really don't think you're in the clear. And aside from lung cancer, there is always mouth, tongue, throat cancer, all of which are risks of smoking.

Yeah I dunno, I don't wanna debate it though, seeing as I do smoke pot myself. I'm just saying, it's not completely harmless.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by x_thurston_x
But obviously tobacco does, and you've been doing both, and maybe yeah plan on stopping soon, but unless you're super serious about it (which you really don't seem to be), I really don't think you're in the clear. And aside from lung cancer, there is always mouth, tongue, throat cancer, all of which are risks of smoking.

Yeah I dunno, I don't wanna debate it though, seeing as I do smoke pot myself. I'm just saying, it's not completely harmless.

Yeah I know where your coming from, and I salute you toward looking after other peoples health. I just have a debate in my head between "Enjoy life while you can" and "live life for as long as you can". Enjoy life while you can is winning so far.
Quote by ScottElwood

Except for where you're inhaling dirty smoke. Pot will never kill you or make you sick but smoke in your lungs is smoke in your lungs.

Weather has nothing to do with your ability to smoke. If you can't stand out in the cold for five minutes, you're just being a sissy.

Quote by x_thurston_x

You don't generally get mouth cancer from smoking. There's smoke in your mouth for, what, half a second? But that shit's in your lungs for good.

FWIW, I quit smoking on Tuesday, and I miss it like hell but I also just ran a half hour on the treadmill without dying, and that's saying something.

Of course, now I chew.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by ScottElwood
Hey guys,

So I have been smoking weed for about two years now, only one year have I been smoking cigarettes. I have noticed that I smoke regardless of weather, but this winter it has been really unbearable. In the summertime I could smoke a pack of cigarettes and enjoy the day, but in winter time I can't put myself through one. Man summer could not come any sooner. Anyone else have this problem?

Dude, I think I'm the same way. I started back at the beginning of summer and usually smoked 4 cigarettes a day (the most I smoked in a day was probably ten, but that's cuz I was at a party and drinking).

Once the winter was in full swing, I sort of lost interest in smoking cigarettes, it just didn't feel as good anymore, almost like it didn't feel good to smoke. On New Year's I resolved to stop smoking and I've felt the temptation to smoke maybe twice now.
Quote by ScottElwood
Dude recently the lows have hit -30, that ****ing SUCKS to smoke in.

to quote an old german saying, there is not such thing as bad weather, only wrong clothing

Quote by Survivalism
Except for where you're inhaling dirty smoke.

From Erowid.com
An address and some sources are at the end.

So, you thought it was the tar that caused cancer...

... In fact, marijuana has been shown to be an expectorant and
actually dilates the air channels it comes in contact with. This
is why many asthma sufferers look to marijuana to provide relief.
Doctors have postulated that marijuana may, in this respect, be
more effective than all of the prescription drugs on the market.
Studies even show that due to marijuana's ability to clear
the lungs of smog, pollutants, and cigarette smoke, it may
actually reduce your risk of emphysema, bronchitis, and lung
cancer. Smokers of cannabis have been shown to outlive non-
smokers in some areas by up to two years. Medium to heavy
tobacco smokers will live seven to ten years longer if they also
smoke marijuana.

So I am in turn helping my lungs by smoking marijuana.