I work at Best Buy down here in St. Louis and as you all probably know, they sell guitars, amps, and effects now. I am going to buy a MXR Carbon Copy and a Korg Pitchblack Tuner and I have an employee discount of |whatever we buy it for + 5% of that cost|. Now heres the dilemma. I do not want to buy guitar stuff at Best Buy for obvious reasons. Now I am not saying that guitar center is more knowledgeable (because most GCs suck) but it would make more sense to buy them from a specialty store. Also, if I were to buy these pedals from Best Buy, I would need to order them online because no stores in our district carry them. Here is my question, would Guitar Center honor a price match to my employee discount seeing as they would not be gaining anything if I bought it at Best Buy but would gain 5% if I bought it from GC?

I get the tuner for $58.80 (originally $89.99) and the MXR for $103.99 (originally $149.99).
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Guitar Center wont match it because of the employees discount
I leik music
if its exactly the same thing and you know what you want then why does it matter where you get it?
Get on top of my coffin woman.
Quote by Left_behind
if its exactly the same thing and you know what you want then why does it matter where you get it?

I would have to wait until the end February for it to be shipped to my house (its on back-order at Best Buy right now). It would be easier if I could just get it today
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by Mutant Corn
It has to be an advertised price.

Yeah. That's usually the policy.

And if it's the exact same brand and model, I don't see the problem with getting it from Best Buy, especially if it's cheaper.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Jan 30, 2009,