My mums friend has given me an acoustic guitar she found with the neck snapped.
It's still joined on but the fret board is cracked in half,one piece of fretwire is missing and the set neck is cracked severly and is on about a 45 degree angle.I'm assuming that the truss rod is ****ed
So can it be fixed at all?
Or should I just do something cool with it?
Any ideas to do with it?
I'm probably going to salvage the tuner/bridge off it.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Just_Chaz
I did that to one of mine, made a clock out of it, here ill upload my pic.
what you think?

Apparently Elvis Presley was hiding underseas because his guitar washed on shore with what looks to be a cross atatched to it. Further evidence that he did indeed, drown a baptist when he went missing.
My gear:
Squier Stratocaster with Killswitch
Peavey Vypyr 15 Amplifier
1995 Yamaha PSR-420 Keyboard
Digitech Whammy Pedal
VOX V847a Wah Pedal.
Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal
^
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Quote by Just_Chaz
I did that to one of mine, made a clock out of it, here ill upload my pic.
what you think?

wow thats pretty f***n cool. im guessing thats the clock in the lower left corner?

oh and Ian, if you want to keep your guitar as a guitar, you might want to replace the whole neck, if thats even possible lol. if not, do something cool like this^^
It's possible, depending on the guitar's exact construction. If it's a dovetail joint and the neck cracked behind the joint, adios. If it's a simple glue joint with dowels, you may be able to reset it. The missing fret is simple: put a fret in, crown it, level it. The truss rod may or may not be jacked, but if the neck is cracked in the way I'm thinking, you may be able to just put a new truss rod in.

Post pics, and we'll have a better idea.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I would have put some pics up last night but due to the heat our state was rotating electricity.
Now I can't get pics up until later tonight
So if your interested hang around this thread later on.
Until I get photos I will continue to draw with words.

HEADSTOCK
\
\
\
\
I
I
I
BODY
^The neck (from the top) looks like this^ with the strings being on the right.
Not sure if that helps.
And yes I like the idea of a rock o'clock.
The fretboard has a pretty clean cut so if I manage to get it off the neck I could probably re-use it and save my self re-fretting another fretboard.
I'm going to google some guitar repair sites,but if anyone has a good one,please share it here.
Thanks guys.

Edit:when I posted it the drawing got ****ed,but try and use ur imagination a bit.

Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Last edited by Ian hawkins at Jan 30, 2009,
you've inspired me. I have an old guitar that is far from salvagable, err that is to say the bridge is pulling the top layer off the wood. it could be saved, but the guitar is a complete piece of crap. now I want to turn it into a clock
Quote by -MintSauce-
Turn it into a fishbowl.

I believe to do this the TS must have some sort of glass or plexiglass enclosure inside other wise the wood may just leak...
Ok, time for the acoustic guy of these parts to ask the important acoustic questions.

Brand?
Solid or Laminate top?
Cracks on the body?
If you find the brand, model?
Approximate age?

Give me these stats, and then we'll decide if it's worth saving or if it's just firewood
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
guitar cam is right,yet again.

Ok it's a monterey and I beleive that they are nice acoustics (my friend has an acoustic and it's pretty nice,whereas their electrics are )
I don't know what solid or laminate top is but I think it's solid.
Model number:MW 10IM.
Cannot really be very old.

If it's a natural finish, look at the edges of the wood at the soundhole. If you can see layers, it's laminate, and not worth your time.

Also, I looked at their listings. I couldn't find that specific model number (probably discontinued), but none of the acostics seemed to be that expensive. For all of the work and time (and not to mention money) you would have to put into this, I would suggest just getting an acoustic that isn't broken if you want one.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
ok it's laminate.
Rock o'clock here I come.

Lol good luck!
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by RozzLe
wow thats pretty f***n cool. im guessing thats the clock in the lower left corner?

oh and Ian, if you want to keep your guitar as a guitar, you might want to replace the whole neck, if thats even possible lol. if not, do something cool like this^^

lol yah yah, they original clock was in just the same state, found all the hippy crap i had, some old english relics my dad had lying around and then slapped it all together. then found a stack of babybel wax my dad had been stashing away for some perversely obsessive reason and made a candle out of it.
Am almost proud of it, i just darent move it in case is collapses.
assuming it's an analog clock you want to turn it into, won't the ticking sound too loud and annoying?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Tincho has a point, so why not turn it into a huge acoustic metronome
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Actually, if the thing is beat up enough, it will hardly amplify the ticking.

Oh, and if you put it in the soundhole, it will block it's own sound from coming out.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I did try putting my MP3 player in there on full volume to see if it would amplify it.
It did a bit,but not very much really,so I don't think ticking will be a problem.