Okay, so whenever I use my Wah pedal, two things happen when i move it to the up/sharp position.

1) The volume increases A LOT
2) there's a weird 'cracking' noise whenever i step down on the pedal.

How can I fix this? Would a noise gate or something work? Or can I do something more simple (And cheaper) than that?
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

my classic crybaby does the same thing..i just thought it was where mine was an older pedal..hmm anyone have any input?
Gear

30 Watt Peavey Vypyr

Peavey Reactor

Agile AL-3100 White w/ chrome hw

Seagull S6 Original
Sorry bud, could you please list all the specs on every piece of your set up? That really isn't enough info for me to accurately help you. (what amp, model and brand name of pedal, guitar)
Um... Well I'm using a Line 6 Spider III 15 W amp, It's a Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah, and I'm using a Squier strat.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

a compressor could help the volume issue. mine sorta does that with the volume jump, but sticking a dynacomp in front of it pretty much fixes it. i think i just leave my dynacomp on most of the time when my wah is in the chain. as for the noise, check to make sure the connections are solid and clean. that could be the problem for that one if it only happens with the wah in the chain.
Okay that fixed it. Thanks. The problem was with the connection from the output of the wah to the input of the amp.
Tha cable I'm using there has little silver things that screw on to tighten up, and it was loose. i didnt think that really made a difference, but it hasnt happened since.
Thanks.

Also, as far as the dynacomp, idk how soon i'll be able to get that. I mean, unless thats a higher priority than an EQ pedal, and a new amp. I seriously dont know.
Any advice on that part?

Quote by Sublime_Dude
Okay that fixed it. Thanks. The problem was with the connection from the output of the wah to the input of the amp.
Tha cable I'm using there has little silver things that screw on to tighten up, and it was loose. i didnt think that really made a difference, but it hasnt happened since.
Thanks.

Also, as far as the dynacomp, idk how soon i'll be able to get that. I mean, unless thats a higher priority than an EQ pedal, and a new amp. I seriously dont know.
Any advice on that part?

Try using a distortion model when you use the wah. I have a Dunlop wah, and if I don't have any gain in my chain when I use it I get huge volume spikes.

Also, modeling amps hate any kind of effects pedals.
id rather have a dynacomp or other decent/good compressor than an eq. probably why i have a dynacomp and not and eq the use of an eq pedal is a bit over-promoted on these boards. they can be useful, no question about that, but i think that its more like one of those effects that people might buy and then not really be sure what to do with it exactly. compressors are a bit the same way, but i think they can be more useful once you figure it out a bit.

that said, a new amp is probably your highest priority right now. but next time you go try amps out, try out a couple compressors along with eq pedals. try a compressor in front of a wah if you can. and a used dynacomp can be had for fairly cheap if you decide you like the compressor. try things out though, what works for me might not work for you.