I'm wondering, are there any different ways to use wah in reggae music? I've found one way, but im wondering if there are more than one.

The one obvious one can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA0Fv9A7VDA

From 2:22-2:30

I'm going for a really weird sound. To make my music more interesting.

Obviously I could also use it on solos, but yeah...
Anything other suggestions?
Thanks.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

i would go for that funky sound when you mute the G B and e strings and keep struming up and down while using wah in on the beat. eventualy, on beat or offbeat(better , since it's reggae) for example you pres the strings down to the fret to get the desired chord, and then move back to muting, and then press again and so on...

dont use too much treble

i'm sorry if i didnt make myself clear, explaining is just not one of the things i am good at =)
if you have a question about my reply just ask =)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
first off, listen to some authentic reggae.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I'm pretty sure I know what u mean. Just like playing a chord, then muting for one or two strums/strokes, then playing another chord, right?
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Quote by chea_man
first off, listen to some authentic reggae.

**** you, provide some helpful advice, instead of attacking someones music tastes...
Also, reggae is a very large category, simply because the music is only defined by a simple rhythm style.

-Prince buster
-Sublime
-Bob Marley
-Planet Smashers

--- All considered reggae.

To the TS.

When I play reggae, I often palm mute the bass strings and do arpeggios, but leaving the treble strings open for un-broken chords...

I use my wah to accent the bass of my bass strings, and to accent the mid frequency of the chords...

Usually when I play more dub-style reggae.
Listen to lots of Bob Marley. I can't name you any songs off the top off my head (may pitch in again if I can), but there's a lot of really good uses of wah for reggae there. Of course there's the obvious just adding wah to the skank (the guitar on the 2 and 4), but there's more creative stuff in there too. Also synths sometimes do cool stuff in reggae (eg. Bob Marley 'could you be loved') that you can imitate. Also another song that I just remembered is 'stir it up' (also bob marley). Can't remember whether it's wah guitar or synth, or both, but take a listen anyway.

Also just so you don't get killed, sublime is ska, not reggae.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure