I'm looking for a middle humbucker stacked for my strat. I want to get a hotter sound out of the guitar.

I was looking at the "Hum canceling" strat pickups from Dimarzio. These are actually stacked humbuckers right? Will a low powered humbucker sound the same as a single coil or are they referring to them when they are split.

I'd like a pickup that is good for high distortion and treble. I would have it in humbucker mode (not split).

still a bit confused about the whole stacked, series/parallel thing.
^ yeah, pretty much. parallel will be lower power, though, so you might not want that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok, so which of the hum-cancelling strat pickups of dimarzio are actually humbuckers? I don't just want a noiseless single coil, i want a stacked humbucker.
they're all technically humbuckers... and the the stacked ones (which i've tried anyway) sound much more like a single coil than a humbucker.

are you asking, "which of dimarzio's single-coil sized humbuckers sounds most like a full-sized humbucker?"?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, i don't just want a noiseless single coil that doesn't even sound like a proper single coil. i already have those and the noise isn't a problem. i'd like a real humbucker sounding stacked.
as i said, the stacked ones i've tried have sounded more like single coils- a rail-type might be better if you want a humbucker tone- they don't sound exactly like humbuckers either (any i've tried, anyway), but sound closer than the stacked singles i've tried.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?