I was wondering if any of you guys know any good baroque or baroque-esque songs that i can make into a wanky shred guitar thing (like malmsteen) for a school assignment. so like stuff by J.S Bach, Vivaldi, Paginini etc..
I R GUY LOLOLOLOLOLO1O1O1O!!1L1
Put ur Flameshield up...lol

EDIT: I don't wanna be part of this..

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by dmirtygorachyov
and waht do u mean put ur flamesheild up, that an inside joke ????qeustinon mark

Ye was kinda sarcastic.

Alot of MT-ers like Classical music, and Yngwie Malmsteen is not Classical at all, but just uses a classical scale.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Ye was kinda sarcastic.

Alot of MT-ers like Classical music, and Yngwie Malmsteen is not Classical at all, but just uses a classical scale.

I used to think he was all classical until my guitar teacher told me that he rapes classical music.

I was sad
Wasn't Paganini from the romantic era?

Oh well, who cares anyway music is music; its people that put timelines and names too it.
All Paganini's caprice for solo violin are fantastic. Caprice 17 would be so cool on guitar.

But maybe try Bach for that more baroque sound?
Baroque? What the hell happened to J. S. Bach?

Wanna be Yngwie? Rape Toccata and Fugue in D minor.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
To T/S

Can you fingerpick? No, then don't play classical music. Yes, then play the accompaniment with your thumb.

Play some John Dowland stuff.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Try some of the Scarlatti sonatas, and for some reason I have it in my head that he also composed prolifically for the spanish guitar...but I can't quite remember so just take that with a grain of salt.

I can't give you many specifics really, but they're all very similar in make and fashion and often times do not excede three voices.

For Bach all I can think of that would be serviceable for guitar would be any of the inventions, and some of the preludes from the WTC. Off at the top of my head that would be the 1st in c major(you can make it 'shreddy' by merely prolonging the arpeggios), 2nd in c minor, and the 6th in d minor.