Okay guys right i have this IC300 its third hand as far as i can trace back i bought it off a friend who bough it off a friend, good condition not too many scratches and dings, i got it signed recently by Daron malakian which made my life but i recently notcied when comparing it to sonme other guitars my friends have it has a lot of problems sound wise

for example im using my friends Epiphone Lespaul Standard 2008 model and when i mute the guitar as in hand on bridge and on strings theres very little amp fuzz, and when i move my hands it rings out a small amount and then dies down, now compared to my Iceman

when muting it it has a lot of amp fuzz and when i move my hands off it, it screams loudly at me and doesnt stop

this is all on a distortion setting

what do i do??

Edit: also the epiphone is much louder, and the ibanez volume pot is unbelievably unresponsive, 0-3 off 4-10 on its annoying whats wrong with that guitar?

please help
Last edited by Nemecys at Jan 30, 2009,
needs some new wiring, and it sounds like the pickups have gone microphonic, they need to be replaced or repotted

thats all my opinion anyway
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
can you explain to me what microphonic is and how much it is to get them repotted and also what repotting is?
Last edited by Nemecys at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by skater dan0
needs some new wiring, and it sounds like the pickups have gone microphonic, they need to be replaced or repotted

thats all my opinion anyway

I agree. My friend down the street has one of those guitars. I love 'em. His also could use and electronics overhaul. This Iceman is one of the few low cost guitars that I would consider spending the money on new pickups and wiring.
AL
what is reccomended should i have them repotted or replaced? i dont particulary have £100 odd to throw around seen as im just buying this epiphone
pickups are generally covered in wax to stop them being so sensitive and feeding back uncontrollably, especially with high output pickups. repotting is when you replace the wax on the pickup which should solve the problem.

you can do this yourself, there are planty of tutorials on the web. or you can replace the pickups it's your choice
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.