Hey guys. New registering here, but lurked a lot in the past.

Anyway, so I finally have some money and I'm upgrading to a brand new Gibson Explorer. Now, I was looking for a good amp that will do it justice (willing to spend a lot).

The only problem is, I live in a pretty thin-walled apartment building. Is it even worth it to get a good amp (even if I'm playing fairly quietly) or should I not even bother? May seem like kind of a dumb question ("why the **** would you get a good amp if you can't even make noise") but I guess I mostly ask because of differences in sound quality, in the noise that gets picked up/the buzz, etc. I dunno, what do you guys think?

Thanks a lot.
First things first, what music do you play, so we some sort of understanding.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
Some emo (sunny day, fugazi, texas is the reason), some heavier stuff (like coheed & cambria, alexisonfire, and the fall of troy), classic rock (the beatles, mainly), a tiny tiny bit of punk, lots of stuff i write myself inspired by some of the aforementioned bands.
If you gotta be quiet, get a 1x12 tube combo (40-60watts). These amps can be quite loud but a low volumes you will get a rich sound. Here are my recommendations...
Fender Hot Rod deluxe
Marshall Vintage Modern
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Rivera Clubster
Ampeg Reverb Rocket
AL
Quote by munchiesman
Some emo (sunny day, fugazi, texas is the reason), some heavier stuff (like coheed & cambria, alexisonfire, and the fall of troy), classic rock (the beatles, mainly), a tiny tiny bit of punk, lots of stuff i write myself inspired by some of the aforementioned bands.

I'd be looking at a solid state modeling amp.

You play a wide variety of stuff. And then you live in an apartment where a tube amp would be a bad idea.

In the midrange of amp prices, a Line 6 Flextone III would be a good idea.
If you want to spend more, go for a LIne 6 Vetta II. Probly used, to save some cash.
Go tube man. It doesn't matter where you live. I'll let you in on a little secret........ there's a knob on the amp called volume..... In all seriousness, I live in a thin walled apart as well. I have a Randall MTS RM100. It's a 100 watt tube.
hmm a Krank Revoltion + if used.

or wait until the vox night train comes out.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Last edited by Blacken Seas at Jan 30, 2009,
Grab yourself an Orange Tiny Terror head and cab.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."